Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   CCI>Federal (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/cci-federal-68030/)

Sharpshot300 07-11-2012 03:55 AM

CCI>Federal
 
Have pool tested the ballistics for the two, both were SP. CCI came out on top Every shot

sputnik1988 07-11-2012 04:34 AM

Welcome to the forum, stop by the introductions section and tell us a little about yourself.

Judging by your certainty, I assume that you have data points to back up your conclusion?

sagenodland 07-13-2012 09:34 AM

Im interested on the data, not boasts of brand loyalty. There are also many types of Federal ammo Federal is a brand not a type of ammo.
If your comparing Federal bulk vs CCI mini mags then of course the CCI would win ot is $7 per 100 while Federal bulk is $17 a brick.

Your argument is invalid.

Vincine 07-13-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharpshot300 (Post 866193)
Have pool tested the ballistics for the two, both were SP. CCI came out on top Every shot

CCI Mini Mags are copper jacketed, wax coated, comes in a plastic container with a slide opening top. 1600 rounds of 40 gr. CPRH Mini Mags came in a nice plastic 'ammo box' case and cost me .07 cents per round.

Federal Champion is not jacketed or waxed, and comes in cardbord boxes. 5000 rounds of 40 gr. SRN Federal Champion cost me .04 cents per round.

You know what else? A Corvette handles better at speed than than a Suburban.

(What's SP?)

sputnik1988 07-13-2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vincine (Post 868287)
CCI Mini Mags are copper jacketed, wax coated, comes in a plastic container with a slide opening top. 1600 rounds of 40 gr. CPRH Mini Mags came in a nice plastic 'ammo box' case and cost me .07 cents per round.

Federal Champion is not jacketed or waxed, and comes in cardbord boxes. 5000 rounds of 40 gr. SRN Federal Champion cost me .04 cents per round.

You know what else? A Corvette handles better at speed than than a Suburban.

(What's SP?)

Soft point I believe, looks like we have a single post user that feels like he needs to validate a point to the masses...

An unvalid point.

HOSSFLY 07-13-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharpshot300 (Post 866193)
Have pool tested the ballistics for the two, both were SP. CCI came out on top Every shot

No surprise here :)
No idea how you came to your results tho---

totallyfrozen 07-13-2012 03:42 PM

Huh...Who knew TROLLS hunt with a .22?

Don't fall prey.

This thread is obviously a troll.

HOSSFLY 07-13-2012 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totallyfrozen (Post 868461)
Huh...Who knew TROLLS hunt with a .22?

Don't fall prey.

This thread is obviously a troll.

If he is hes not a very good one :rolleyes:

hardluk1 07-13-2012 04:40 PM

sharpshot300 how many different .22lr's types do you think are made buy federal today?? 14. cci has 12. Not a single sp to be found. Prices run from 2bucks a box to 17 bucks for 50 rounds

Vincine 07-13-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sputnik1988 (Post 868309)
Soft point I believe, looks like we have a single post user that feels like he needs to validate a point to the masses... An unvalid point.

Ah, I missed that.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:19 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.