Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Cci ammo? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/cci-ammo-72650/)

sharpshtr 09-18-2012 01:07 AM

Cci ammo?

Is the cci mini mag better ammo than the cci blazers? I picked up bulk blazers but now thinking of cci mini mag. Anyone tried both in a savage gun so I know wether to buy or not ? I have a savage mark ii fv.

USEBOTHHANDS 09-18-2012 01:17 AM

buy a box of each, shoot, and see!

aandabooks 09-18-2012 01:29 AM

The Blazers are uncoated and will run a little dirtier than CCI Mini-Mags. Still good ammo and a bit cheaper.

ryguy00 09-18-2012 02:04 AM

my savage mk II with heavy barrel shoots the mini mags pretty well. It shoots the stingers MUCH better! never tried the blazers. I use the federal bulk packs from wally world for plinking (it shoots great with those too) and the stingers when a tree rat absolutely, positively has to die.

I will never again buy the remington bulk packs. too many failures to fire and weak sounding rounds (from all of my 22's, not just the savage) The federals are more accurate, cleaner, more consistent and lacking weak rounds, and are the same price. No brainer.

sharpshtr 09-18-2012 02:20 AM

Okay I think I'm going to pick up cci stingers and maybe some mini mags if I can find some. What do they cost for a box of 50 or 100? It seems as stingers are a better shell though. How comes?

ryguy00 09-18-2012 02:35 AM

stingers have lighter bullet, higher velocity. out of my 10/22 and my savage, they just shoot more accurately than the mini mags. and the mini mags still shoot pretty darn good. the squirrels will never know the difference. your gun may decide different. if I remember correctly, they are around $7/100 at walmart. both mini mags and stingers have similar prices. could be off by a dollar or two. walmart usually carries both.

thdrduck 09-18-2012 11:44 AM

I have found the Winchester 36 grain HP fly straight out the end of my Henry and you can get them in 550 bulk pack and they are very uniform. It's fun to get a box of everything on the shelf and see what your gun likes. It is amazing how much difference amo can make, even a $2000 gun can't shoot a turd strait.

jjfuller1 09-18-2012 01:20 PM

when it comes to this definatley try several brands to see what works. but as to your OP, yes the mini mags are much better than the blazers. the blazers tend to run really really dirty. i had multiple FTF, and duds in my box of blasers. and this was from a couple different firearms.
my savage 64 loves the winchester bulk pack.
my marlin loves fiocchi and mini mags. so grab a few different ones and try em out.

sharpshtr 09-18-2012 05:34 PM

I guess I'll go to Walmart and pick up a box of 50 of as many as possible there and try them out to see which does best for me. Thanks guys. Really thinking its going to be cci probably as my gun with the cheap scope sorta liked the blazers

robertusa123 09-19-2012 12:26 AM

i found that my savage 64 can shoot just about anything relibely. but any copper plated ammo will work without fail