Butler Creek 10/22 mags - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Butler Creek 10/22 mags

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 04:43 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

I'm not certain, but it seems Hickok45 had an issue with them as well in one of his vids.

-Matt

Old 11-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #12

Liked 133 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
I'm not certain, but it seems Hickok45 had an issue with them as well in one of his vids.
He is an idiot! I was using steel lips magazines long before Ruger started making high capacity magazines. All they need is a little graphite spray. I literally have dozens of steel lips magazines that work flawlessly. When a steel lips magazine is new spray it with graphite spray. I use Lock Ease available at most auto parts stores. It might take few treatments and there is a break in period. I have never had fit issues with a steel lips magazine either.

You can see the bullets are not stacking properly when you are loading the magazine. Stop stuffing bullets in the magazine when you see the first bullet not loading properly. Remove the bullet/s that are causing the problem. Then reload and have 25 shots of fun. This only happens when the magazines are new.

"I do not aim with my hand; I aim with my eye. He who aims with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not shoot with my hand; I shoot with my mind. He who shoots with his hand has forgotten the face of his father.
I do not kill with my gun; I kill with my heart. He who kills with his gun has forgotten the face of his father."

Adopt a pet!! http://www.aspca.org/ Some of the finest pleasure horses come from here: http://www.canterusa.org/

Old 11-20-2012, 02:18 PM   #13

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

It's been years since I've owned a 10/22 and used the Butler Creek mags BUT IIRC they worked fine if you'll put a slight chamfer on the chamber of your 10/22 barrel. The sharp edge can stop rounds from feeding from these mags, take a 45* chamfer tool(like you'd use to drill a countersink for a screw) and by hand use it to cut the sharp edge off of the rear of the chamber where the round enters. Don't overdo it, just a little bit is all you need.
I've owned about 3 10/22's over the years and have put a slight chamfer on the chambers of all of them and they all worked like a champ with any mag I'd care to use.

This is the War Room!"

Old 11-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #14

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaglesam

So you are the one that got the good ones.
No sir he got both good ones ever made lol

Old 11-22-2012, 11:05 AM   #15

Liked 935 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 584

I also have several bought around the '92 gun ban era. Have not shot them extensively, but I do not recall one failure, either.

Old 12-25-2012, 04:43 AM   #16

butler creek hot lips= garbage.
butler creek stell lips= not garbage.

imo, plastic does not belong on a magazine, except maybe the follower.

Old 12-25-2012, 05:34 AM   #17

Liked 180 Times on 128 Posts
Likes Given: 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Crow View Post
He is an idiot! I was using steel lips magazines long before Ruger started making high capacity magazines. All they need is a little graphite spray. I literally have dozens of steel lips magazines that work flawlessly. When a steel lips magazine is new spray it with graphite spray. I use Lock Ease available at most auto parts stores. It might take few treatments and there is a break in period. I have never had fit issues with a steel lips magazine either.

You can see the bullets are not stacking properly when you are loading the magazine. Stop stuffing bullets in the magazine when you see the first bullet not loading properly. Remove the bullet/s that are causing the problem. Then reload and have 25 shots of fun. This only happens when the magazines are new.

This. After the graphite treatment on my steel lipped BC mags they work as well as the new ruger mags do.