You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

bulk ammo


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
v757b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hardy,Virginia
Posts: 22
Default

I don't recommend Federal .22 ammo. They always jam our Marlin 60's along with my friends semi-auto. They might be cheap, but you get what you pay for with those.
__________________
-

I keep my life basic with three steps; Prime, Propellant, and Projectile.
v757b is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:51 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Boyerracing343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Belleville,Illinois
Posts: 1,470
Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v757b View Post
I don't recommend Federal .22 ammo. They always jam our Marlin 60's along with my friends semi-auto. They might be cheap, but you get what you pay for with those.
My intratec .22 hates federal ammo too, but then again its an intratec

Last edited by Boyerracing343; 02-03-2011 at 12:55 AM.
Boyerracing343 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:35 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
v757b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hardy,Virginia
Posts: 22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyerracing343 View Post
My intratec .22 hates federal ammo too, but then again its an intratec
Yup. I think all guns hate the Federal .22's. I wonder what's the deal with them. We stocked up on a bunch of Federal .22's (around 2,000 I believe) only to find out they dont agree with our lead-slingers!

To the OP, make sure the ammo works good in your gun before you go buying bulk packages.
__________________
-

I keep my life basic with three steps; Prime, Propellant, and Projectile.
v757b is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:41 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Boyerracing343's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Belleville,Illinois
Posts: 1,470
Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v757b View Post
Yup. I think all guns hate the Federal .22's. I wonder what's the deal with them. We stocked up on a bunch of Federal .22's (around 2,000 I believe) only to find out they dont agree with our lead-slingers!

To the OP, make sure the ammo works good in your gun before you go buying bulk packages.
Good advice, i wouldn't buy bulk until i know it functions flawlessly in my gun/guns. My .22 long rifle semi auto didn't like the federals all that much either. Its ashamed, federals are easily to acquire and cheap.
Boyerracing343 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 03:58 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
russ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grand Junction,Colorado
Posts: 1,016
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

To the OP, not trying to say I've looked everywhere, because I haven't. But every place I did look, by the time you paid shipping on case lots, the overall savings just wasn't there to buy .22lr in big bulk. It just made more sense to grab a few bricks here and there whenever it's on sale.
russ is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Bulk 5.56x45mm Ammo BulkAmmo Sponsor Display 7 05-19-2012 07:17 PM
Bulk 40 Ammo BulkAmmo Sponsor Display 0 09-08-2010 06:05 PM
Bulk 9mm Ammo available today BulkAmmo Sponsor Display 0 09-07-2010 05:46 PM
Bulk Ammo Doug1627 Ammunition & Reloading 19 04-20-2010 02:33 PM
Bulk Ammo superwoman Glock Forum 16 07-28-2008 06:57 PM