buck mark impressions and praise - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > buck mark impressions and praise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 02:58 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

These are by far the most accurate pistols I have ever shot, I have only shot Aguila ammo through it I can't remember any number of FTF's,. best buy for the buck(mark)
no pun intended. Tim

Last edited by TJWright; 04-07-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Old 04-07-2011, 03:11 AM   #12

I have a Buckmark target version, Bull barrel, full top rail, gold trigger.
Most accurate pistol I have ever shot, mine was handed down to me by my father who used to shoot with the pistol club in Vancouver WA, he used a laser scope which I still have, but I find it more fun to shoot with open sights, very reliable, almost never a FTF
they are the sweetest shooting .22 ever, I highly recommend one if you get a chance to buy one, DO IT you wont regret it,
Pics are posted in the gallery so I won't bother posting any here, check it out, these pistols are well engineered and feel good in your hand, a pleasure to shoot. Tim

PS don't forget to clean it good. After a couple of bricks of Aguila they tend to get a little sticky and after about 2000 rounds the bolt face gets hung up by crud from the dirty little .22 rounds,
who da thunk it. der.....

Last edited by TJWright; 04-07-2011 at 03:22 AM. Reason: more info

Old 04-07-2011, 03:43 AM   #13
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8499 Times on 5079 Posts
Likes Given: 11115

Interesting thread for me. I am looking to buy a .22 pistol....either the Ruger Mark III or a Browning BuckMark. I don't know enough to make a decision yet. I have never taken a gun apart yet to clean. My only gun is a Ruger GP100.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:57 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

hope its helps your choice some. simple is always better for me. and for the price the you would be lucky to find something else more accurate. i would now recommend the buck mark to anyone wanting a starter pistol or a .22lr for target. my buddy is thinking hard on one after shooting mine. lol could not find anyone that owns one that had anything real bad to say.

and to ever said most accurate pistol ever. my kimber 1911 puts that buck mark to dust but doesnt really matter cuz both are more accurate than me and the kimber was only more the 3 times as much..

Old 04-08-2011, 12:13 PM   #15

Chim over on RFC has a small web site on the take down and care of the buckmark. Rusty22, also on RFC, makes and sells a lot of neat little add-ons and tools for the BM as well. His BM tool makes taking he BM down a breeze. He also has some very nice replacement triggers. It also serves as a magazine reloading tool for holding the follower and spring down. Very neat.

The pistol can be broken down by removing the rear sight screw and loosening the barrel screw. No need to remove the red dots, etc. as long as the rear sight screw is accessible.

I have a Ruger Standard, a Browning Challenger II and a Browning Medalist to go along with my BM. All are great to shoot, but the C II and the Medalist are definitely of a higher breed. The newer Rugers (II & III) are more of a pain to take down, but with practice and getting rid of the lawyer magazine cutoff, it gets easier. Same on BM. The magazine cut off thingy got lost the first time I took it down - about 30 minutes after I bought it.

df