The Brownings, looking for input from members pro or con for the following models. Lo
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > The Brownings, looking for input from members pro or con for the following models. Lo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 04:46 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 21 Posts

Default The Brownings, looking for input from members pro or con for the following models. Lo

Browning 1911/22 22lr vs. Browning BuckMark Camper 22lr

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-14-2014, 04:55 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3726 Times on 2283 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Well I don't know specifically what Buckmark it is but my Mother-in-law has one and I shot a couple hundred rounds through it one day, without cleaning. No failures. Very sweet shooter. Extremely accurate. Felt great in the hand.

Tomorrow, if I remember, I'll check which specific model it is.

Always have clean socks.

Old 04-14-2014, 05:15 AM   #3

Liked 277 Times on 192 Posts

Though I'm a 1911 fan, I'd definitely go with the Buckmark. Its easier to shoot accurately, for me, and are much easier to mount optics on. The 1911 would be a good gun to practice with if you have a centerfire model that you want to train for. The Buckmark would be an excellent target and hunting pistol .

Old 04-14-2014, 05:19 AM   #4
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3163 Times on 2148 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default Brownings

Don't have the Camper, but we have the 1911-22 and an Older Buckmark with Herrit's Wood grips(Coco Bolo). Both guns are tack drivers.. The Camper is a newer version with a rounded barrel. The base models have Polymer grips, but the more expensive Models are very much like the older models discontinued in the past. Just about any Buckmark is a Tackdriver! The 1911-22 is also very accurate, a smooth shooter...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 04-14-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3163 Times on 2148 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Default The Brownings, looking for input from members pro or con for the following mo...

(Cont.) The Older Buckmarks' Like Ours have slab sided Barrels in the 5.5" and 7.25". Newer ones made in the last few Years Only have the Rounded Bull or Fluted Bull Barrel. Both Guns have shot sub 1" from a Ransom Rest(belonging to the Range, they rent it out for $5 an Hr.) but at longer distances, because of the Barrel Length, the Buckmark is the better shooter accuracy wise....and the Buckmark is Better for Mounting an Optic, unless you have an extended Riser Mount for the 1911(similar to what people use on Comp. Race Gun 1911's for the C-More(which I have on my Series 80 GC)...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Last edited by DrFootball; 04-14-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Old 04-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #6

Liked 1003 Times on 705 Posts
Likes Given: 1003

You need to tell us what you'll use the .22lr for. If you just want a quality, accurate full size pistol then the Buckmark or Ruger Mark III or .22/45 are great. If you want an 80% or smaller 1911-22 then Browning makes a real good one. If you want a full size 1911-22 look at Colt/Walther or SIG/GSG.

______
The biggest issue with assembling an AR isn't so much getting the parts together right - it's getting the right parts together. You'll remember the quality of a gun long after you forget how much you paid for it.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #7

I'm not sure how to answer the question what I'll use it for. But I might just say, for another kick around pistol.
Plinking, target, for just walking around in the woods, just something else to play around with. I have 22 pistols already that are on both sides of the fence. Ruger MKII custom done for bullseye comp., S&W 41, High Standard supermatic, also H&R Trophy, Ruger SR22, these are just some of the semi-autos. Just have the itch to buy another 22 pistol. LOL

Old 04-14-2014, 09:38 PM   #8

Sorry, I meant to say High Standard Trophy. Not H&R.

Old 04-14-2014, 10:18 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1946 Times on 1350 Posts
Likes Given: 994

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVAL View Post
I'm not sure how to answer the question what I'll use it for. But I might just say, for another kick around pistol.
Plinking, target, for just walking around in the woods, just something else to play around with. I have 22 pistols already that are on both sides of the fence. Ruger MKII custom done for bullseye comp., S&W 41, High Standard supermatic, also H&R Trophy, Ruger SR22, these are just some of the semi-autos. Just have the itch to buy another 22 pistol. LOL

In that case,a 1911-22 will bring more to your table. It is smaller (but not too small), handier, and more stylish. A Buckmark otb is unlikely to outshoot your Mark II, otherwise it is more of the same.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #10

All right then,,,,,,I'll start looking for a good price on the Browning, thank you