Browning 22 semi auto rifle feed problem - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Browning 22 semi auto rifle feed problem

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2010, 01:49 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

First off I didn't say that HP's would jam in EVERY rifle but they do in a lot of them. The part you you are talking about is the " Cartridge Guide" and is retained by the "Cartridge Guide Spring".
As for as taking it to a smith--that is a good idea. I was a gunsmith in my working career. In fact I worked for BrowninG for 38+ years and the .22 Auto is one of the guns that I worked on and serviced. I have worked on thousands of these great little rifles over the years and I can tell you that a LOT of them DO jam with Hollow Point Ammo.
I also sit on the Board of Directors of the " Browning Collectors Association " and have found that organization to be a good source of information. I still have my connections at BrowninG and can find out just about anything I need to know but thank you for your suggestions.

Last edited by Vearl Brown; 10-22-2010 at 01:54 PM.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:22 PM   #22

Default Fixed?

I sent the rifle home with a friend of mine who schematics and he said it had one missing part and another part had been put in wrong. What can I say? I didn't expect parts to fall off of it when I took the barrel off. He ran 50 rounds through it with no problems. I just got it back yesterday and I haven't had a chance to shoot it.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:56 PM   #23

Liked 58 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Glad it worked out this way for you!

Old 10-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #24

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

More than likely the part that was missing was the "Cartridge Stop" if it fell out it was when you removed the trigger assembly not the barrel. Sometimes they fall out and sometimes you can't hardly get them out when you want to. It's a drop in part and is NO deal to replace them but the rifle will NOT function without it being in the rifle. It allows the rifle to feed one round at a time. Otherwise it will try to feed every thing that's in the magazine tube. Old style mag. tubes break very easily. That's why BrowninG offers an up grade to the Type % loading and the stock also has to be modified to take the thicker tube. The receiver also has to be milled and re-threaded for the new tube. It's NOT a big deal---I've done hundreds of them over the years, Vearl