Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Browning .22 semi auto

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 47 Times on 28 Posts

In my case, no aftermarket stuff except a scope, which I took off, and a little engraved plaque in the stock with my Dad's name, my name, and my son's name (which means, I suppose, that Dad wanted me to hand it down to my son, who really could give two $hit$ about guns, but that's another story).

I doubt that they'll mess with the stock, though.....right?

Old 12-16-2009, 12:52 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

There is a similar style gun in my family that belonged to my great grandfather, it charges and ejects on the bottom, tube feeds through the stock and holds 5rds. It has a browning patent on it but it says it was made by remington...I haven't been able to find much info on it other than pictures of the browning which looks damn near identical.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:03 AM   #13

Sounds the same, except mine has a 10-round tube....I think.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonyaeger View Post
In my case, no aftermarket stuff except a scope, which I took off, and a little engraved plaque in the stock with my Dad's name, my name, and my son's name (which means, I suppose, that Dad wanted me to hand it down to my son, who really could give two $hit$ about guns, but that's another story).

I doubt that they'll mess with the stock, though.....right?
I sure hope they'd not mess with the stock.. It should be obvious to anyone working on it what the plaque would be for. If they did, however, I'd make them replace it in gold

GCA Member and NRA Life Member

Old 01-20-2010, 10:16 PM   #15

Quote:
I have a rifle passed down from my Dad, circa mid-1950s, mint condition, but the magazine tube (fed through the stock) is broken off where it threads into the receiver. I'm sure it's just stress due to age at a weak, threaded joint.

I need to get it fixed, but there is not enough of the threaded tube left outside the receiver for me to grab with a pair of needle-nose pliers.

I don't mind sending it off to Browning, but they tell me that I have to send them the WHOLE RIFLE instead of just the receiver and the magazine outer.

Anybody have an idea why I would have to do that? It was easy to break it down to just receiver and tube....seems like it would be just as easy for them to fix those two parts and just send it back to me.
**Bumped this up to update**

Do I have a right to be pissed? Just got the rifle back from Browning and they replaced the stock and forearm with some new, cheap wood. It is no longer "stock" like it was for the last 50+ years. Fortunately, they returned the old stock and forearm.

My guess is that they couldn't replace the broken magazine tube and make it work with the old stock, which the tube runs right through, and I understand that....but don't you think they should have TOLD me that first?

After they received the rifle from me, they sent me an authorization letter and approval for the work to be done. NO WHERE did it say they were going to replace the stock and forearm. The ticket said "Minor repairs, $75.75" and "Shop modifications, $73.00." Does that sound like "new stock and forearm" to you?

Old 01-21-2010, 06:56 PM   #16

Quote:
**Bumped this up to update**

Do I have a right to be pissed? "Shop modifications, $73.00." Does that sound like "new stock and forearm" to you?

I think that's where they got ya.. At least you got the original back..

GCA Member and NRA Life Member