Brno and others
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Brno and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Brno and others

My collection of .22's started because of a local turkey shoot. 3 rounds 25 meters, highest score of 10 targets wins a 20 pound turkey around thanksgiving, an 8 pound pork loin around easter.

1947 double set trigger model 1 Brno (1 of 7 known to be in existence (supposedly)) rare enough to not be in the gun bible.

1948 Bull barrel double set schlekmyer trigger model 5 Brno (1 of 200 known to have been made before the russians shut down the czechs because they stole the trigger design and waxed the Russians ass in the olympics). Interesting model number because it is a model 3 barrel and action, goes to a 4 with the rare and expensive sight set, goes to a 5 because of the trigger.

1956 model ZKM-456 Brno. Beautiful and one of the last Brno's ever made; unlike the others has "Zbrojovka Brno N.P." stamped on the receiver. Became CZ after this date. (I think, if anyone knows more about exactly when they went from Brno to CZ i would like to hear from you.)

All of the Brnos listed have micro adjustable sights with front sight inserts and a hood on the font sight. All will shoot 10xxx consistantly.

1870 "women's" model pump colt short and long only, no LR. the serial number on this one puts the manufacture date around 1911. No crows around my place and no complaints when I use short sub-sonic ammo. Unique tube loading with a swing out gadget that makes it load like a Winchester 30-30 model 94. Bought new by a friends mother in 1929; at least an 80%+ rifle. very accurate but not in the accuracy class with the Brnos. Another piece of history is that this is one of the last before the "Gentlemen's agreement" between Colt and Remington that Colt would not make Rifles if Remington would not make pistols.

Also have peep sights for the model 5 but not allowed in the shoot.

Before cataract surgery I collected more than a dozen 30xxx which hang proudly on my garage wall using these Brnos.

Remington .22 semi-auto. Would sell it to an enemy, never a friend. won't hold 3" consistantly at 100 yards with a quality scope mounted. With 10 clips it can make a lot of noise and take down a lot of problems in short order though.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-07-2011, 02:16 AM   #2

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

You tease!

Where are the pics??? Please?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-07-2011, 03:04 AM   #3

Do you Know where I can get a set Trigger for a 602?

Old 04-07-2011, 05:52 AM   #4

Default pics

will figure out how to get them on; believe me no tease. i will scan a couple of targets and photo the rifles. each is a 100% rifle exccept the 48 model 1; some dumb ass tried a reblue after a poor sanding; hardly shows but up close you can see the scratches. also have a single trigger 57 model 1 that i gave to my son. before my surgery the only question was if it would be him or me that won each shoot. he mustered out of the army as a captain with 43 1 shot 1 kill awards, jump wings, air assualt wings and a ranger patch from the 101.

Last edited by tallpaulg; 04-07-2011 at 05:58 AM.

Old 04-07-2011, 05:21 PM   #5

Default forgot

to list my Ruger Hunter MKIII pistol; stainless steel, exotic hardwood grips, light gathering front sights. drills holes like it had eyes.

photos are being taken today; will post as soon as possible.

Old 04-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #6

guns pictures by tallpaulg - Photobucket

OK photos you wanted, photos you got... click on the image to enlarge; notice 1 of the targets has 2 almost thru the same hole; both 30xxx, have 12 of them and dozens more of 30x and 30xx. the shoot is open iron sights only, no peeps, no rear hood.

thru in my 308 just for fun, i can hold 1.5" at 400 yards 3" at 600 with it.

Rant: not a trigger expert except i know a good one when i feel it, suggest guns america auction site.

Last edited by tallpaulg; 04-10-2011 at 04:07 PM.

Old 04-10-2011, 01:53 AM   #7

Beautiful pics, TP! Do you shoot that Colt?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 04-10-2011, 05:28 AM   #8

Default colt

yes, shot a squrrill that was robbing my avacado trees yesterday; sub-sonic shorts or long

Old 04-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #9

Default PM

for some reason i can't get a PM to the guy that said he could help authenticate the M1.

answers:
no i have not seen the trigger mrchanisim
ni i have not had the stock off
no it is quite different from the M5 as the M5 is a design stole from the Russians by the Czechs in the mid 50's; the rear trigger is a post not a trigger and does the firing; will not fire at all if not set. The russians shut down the manufacture of these triggers after 200 were built. the M1 is more like two triggers and the front does the firing and it will fire without being set with about 1/4" pull before any trigger pressure at all, when set the 1 /4" is gone and the trigger pull lightened considerably. both are adjustable pull without any dissassembly at all.

as i mentioned, before my cataract surgery drilling 2 30xxx in a day was not unusual with the M5. i must now average the rear sight blur and on occasion hit a 30 or 30x.

Last edited by tallpaulg; 04-10-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Old 04-10-2011, 04:08 PM   #10

I think you are restricted to just a few PMs until you have a certain number of posts.

When I examine old .22s like your BRNOs it is amazing how well built they are. Nothing at all like the mass produced rimfires mostly available today.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI