Boresnake

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Boresnake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013, 04:05 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Default Boresnake

So I've heard all the hype about them so I went to get one for my .22 rifle and when I went to pull it through the very beginning part the actually cleans (before the wire) was just a little too big to where it was impossible to pull through and yes It was a .22 snake haha. Has anyone else had this problem or was it just a bad one

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #2

Liked 195 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 35

I made a profile just to reply because I had this problem too. I have to wrap the weighted string around my hand a few times to get it to pull through. I've used it a lot and and it's gotten a little easier but it's still a bit tight. I'm not sure of its supposed to be that way in order to get all the crap in your barrel or what. It's a pain but it gets it works.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:26 AM   #3

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeezy
I made a profile just to reply because I had this problem too. I have to wrap the weighted string around my hand a few times to get it to pull through. I've used it a lot and and it's gotten a little easier but it's still a bit tight. I'm not sure of its supposed to be that way in order to get all the crap in your barrel or what. It's a pain but it gets it works.
I though about cutting a small price of it off but than ran the risk of it tearing

Old 06-03-2013, 04:31 AM   #4

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts

I have one for my 12 ga and love it. It is difficult though. One thing I'm not sure if it is a .22 rifle or pistol but I do not use them on my rifles; only my shotguns and pistols. I clean my rifles the old fashioned way. ddc4d

Old 06-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #5

I think you'd be hard pressed to tear it. I also forgot to mention I have two .22lr boresnakes and they're both tough to get through. Have you used it on more than one .22? I run it through my m&p. 15-22 and for some reason it's a tighter fit than my sig 1911-22.

Old 06-03-2013, 04:35 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeezy
I think you'd be hard pressed to tear it. I also forgot to mention I have two .22lr boresnakes and they're both tough to get through. Have you used it on more than one .22? I run it through my m&p. 15-22 and for some reason it's a tighter fit than my sig 1911-22.
I've only used it on my henry lever and then returned it after but now I'm wanting to give I another try and it would be mainly use for my 15-22
Old 06-03-2013, 04:41 AM   #7

Yeah it's weird. When I first got mine I had to double check the box to make sure i got the right one. Like I said, it's a pretty tight fit on the 15-22, but it sure beats using a hundred patches to get your barrel clean. Just pull hard. Lol. I've yet to even come close to breaking mine. They're pretty stretchy.

Old 06-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #8

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I have one in 45 and 12 ga. They are a little stiff in the beginning but calm down.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 06-06-2013, 08:20 PM   #9

Liked 27 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 7

The whole idea is to be a tight fit. Once it begins to loosen, time to replace it.

Retired Police Detective '71-'01 / LEOSA Certified
Naval Aviation Veteran '65-'69

United States Constitution (c) 1791
All Rights Reserved
big shrek Likes This 
Old 06-06-2013, 09:48 PM   #10

Liked 374 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 4

They work OK, but I find I still have to hit the bore with a brush and solvent.