Bolt help

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Bolt help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 03:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Bolt help

I have a High Standard Sport King 22. I recently took it apart and cleaned it for the first time. My problem is that the bolt is catching about half way through and wont go any more. I have checked over and over again and can't figure it out. Any ideas would be appreciated. Below is a link to the schematic. Thanks

A-1041 Sport King Special Deluxe (*)

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #2

Is there a sight screw that you have screwed into the receiver that is sticking into the receiver tube?

You may have to pull the trigger back in order to get the bolt back into the receiver, most bolt 22's are made that way.
Make sure all the pins in the bolt are all the way in and double check that the extractors are put in the bolt correctly.
If nothing else works, strip one part off of the bolt at a time and try every time a piece is taken off, be sure to pull back on the trigger every time. Look carefully to se if you can tell where the problem is. The pulling of the trigger should pull the part in the bottom of the receiver tube. If it does not go down when the trigger is pulled, look into what is keeping that part from not going down.
It is a process of illimination sometimes.
Let us know if either helps.

My Best, John K

Last edited by rifleman55; 03-12-2011 at 08:03 PM.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:50 PM   #3

Liked 60 Times on 46 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Try switching the safe on or off.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling, which thinks nothing is worth war, is worse. A man who has nothing which he cares more about than his own personal safety is a miserable creature, and has no chance of being free unless he is made free and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself" John Stuart Mill
A government which robs Peter to pay Paul can always depend on the support of
Paul.

Old 03-13-2011, 08:30 AM   #4

I figured it out before I got your replies. Some how the receiver got a bur on the inside of the bolt pin slot. I filed it ever so gently and problem solved. I had held the receiver to the light 100 times. When i turned it around and looked through the other way I saw the bur. I appreciate the ideas. Good drill!!!

Old 03-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #5

Glad to hear it's fixed.

John K