Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   Bolt gun for $200ish? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/bolt-gun-200ish-89541/)

kaido 04-25-2013 05:59 AM

So I sold my one .22LR for a .17HMR a little while back....I sort of regret doing so now. I've got a K98 that's been rebarreled by Remington to shoot .22s/l/LR, but the down side is that it's a single shot and still has the long pull of the original chambering.

With the gophers starting to show up more and more I've been thinking about picking up a magazine fed bolt gun. My girlfriend has got an XT-22R, which is great, but I'm looking for something different so we don't confuse rifles. It isn't a firm price, but I'm looking to stay around $200.00.

My only real requirement is that the gun is able to hold minute of gopher at fifty yards. Anything on top of that is just icing on the cake to me. There's also the obvious requirements such as reliability.

Axxe55 04-25-2013 06:50 AM

new, check out the Marlins and the Savages. used, many possiblities open up. start hitting the gun stores and pawn shops and see what's available. a lot of pawn shops will usually cut some great deals if you got cash money.

kaido 04-25-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55
new, check out the Marlins and the Savages. used, many possiblities open up. start hitting the gun stores and pawn shops and see what's available. a lot of pawn shops will usually cut some great deals if you got cash money.

As much as I'd love to go pawn shop hunting, I'd probably find one or two with a single gun on its self. For some reason none in Canada, that I've found, seem to accept firearms of any kind. I'll definitely see what I can find for a Savage or Marlin though.

aandabooks 04-26-2013 12:19 AM

You can get into a Savage with regular barrel and an accu-trigger for under $200.

Garadex 04-26-2013 03:44 AM

Savage, I'm biased though my first rifle was a Savage and my last name is Savage.

John_Deer 04-26-2013 11:54 AM

I would go with a savage if I bought a new rifle. I recently bought a remlin XT-22MR. It was a POS. Marlin was good about sending a prepaid label and got to work on my rifle right away. The technician declared it a basket case and remlin is in the process of sending me a new rifle.

John_Deer 04-26-2013 12:08 PM

I just checked my email. My new rifle is on the truck for delivery today (4/26/13). I will be able to give a range report very soon.

Mongo 04-26-2013 01:40 PM

I have a Norinco bolt action, clip fed 22 Rifle. It is a tack driver. Paid $125 for it.

HOSSFLY 04-26-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axxe55 (Post 1226403)

Been a Marlin fan for ------well, a long time :o

mag318 04-26-2013 02:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I'd go with a Savage 93 like this one. It's a 93G in 22 Magnum that I paid $214 for, the rifle is very accurate and the accu trigger is superb. I mounted an inexpensive Bushnell scope on it and I'm very satisfied with the results.