You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Best tactical stock for 10/22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2014, 02:12 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Best tactical stock for 10/22

My latest build is a 10/22 (carbine) that I'm going to go with a tactical look. I've had the trigger, barrel and bolt worked on by Connecticut Precision Chambering. I had Randy from CPC do a full tune up on it.

He set the trigger at 1.9 LB pull, over travel and anti creep screw, Auto bolt release and oversize receiver pins installed.

The barrel breech end is setback .187 to .250", chamber shortened, recut barrel shank oversize to fit receiver perfect
Reams the chamber until high end 22LR ammo sticks lightly
Chamber polish
Recut extractor groove
New spacer into barrel lock cut
Cut recessed target crown
Stone slide area receiver
Recut and square to .920
Muzzle end of barrel threaded

Bolt is disassembled, cleaned and deburred
Bolt face squared and ground to .0425"
Bolt side jeweled
Hole EDMed and stainless pin pressed to hold firing pin from rising

Kidd muzzle break added
CPC fiberglass bolt buffer
Kidd auto bolt release

Randy at CPC does excellent work and makes a good OE rifle a great shooter and also more reliable. Now I'm looking for a good stock to bed it in. I've been looking at the Troy T22, ATI , Christie super stock, Choate M4, Nordic and PRO Mag Archangel.

I like the aluminum over the polymer but either one will work fine. Not looking for a thumb stock and this is going to be a plinker to take with my other firearms to the range to have fun with.

Any info or reviews on any of the above or others not mentioned would be great.

Join Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join Today! - Click Here