Best Tactical .22 Pistol
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Best Tactical .22 Pistol

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 44 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Best Tactical .22 Pistol

I am in the market for a tactical .22 pistol. What are you views on the Ruger SR22, Sig Mosquito, & Walther P22? Which one would you prefer and/or have you had any problems with. Also I am open to other models as well, thanks.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-02-2013, 02:34 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Liked 231 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 65

Ruger SR22 period. I have one and shoots great. Identical to the Walther P22 but with much better reviews and satissfied owners.

Old 01-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #3

Liked 427 Times on 268 Posts
Likes Given: 1259

Quote:
Originally Posted by okdonk View Post
Ruger SR22 period. I have one and shoots great. Identical to the Walther P22 but with much better reviews and satissfied owners.
I own the p22 and would recommend it but if you can get the sr22 go with that I do not have experience with the some quirk though I've shot plenty with the other two though.

No Bells.No Whistles.Just perfection.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:00 AM   #4

Liked 1132 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 2021

I had the opportunity to shoot the S&W MP22, the walther and the Ruger SR-22 , I walked out with 2 of the Rugers . smaller than the S&W, better trigger than the Walther , and accurate as all get out . I also like the decocker function and the fully adjustable rear sight , L/R, Up/Dn. I got one hell of a deal on the pair $235 each from my local FFL .

Old 01-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #5

Liked 516 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 113

The SIG Mosquito, Walther P22, and the S&W M&P22 are all made by Umarex under license. The SIG and Walthers have very dodgy reputations. Oddly enough, the S&W does not but it also goes for a little higher and only comes with one magazine.

On the flip-side, the Ruger SR22 has almost universally good reviews with the only complaint seeming to be the trigger. Unlike the Umarex manufactured SIG and Walther, the SR22 does not seem to be picky about ammunition.

Bersa also makes their Thunder pistol in .22 LR and it also gets good reviews. It is also cheaper than any of the above. Frankly, if I were to make this purchase I would go for the Bersa or Ruger. The other pistols are too expensive for the problems they routinely have. Unless of course you enjoy only shooting mini-mags out of them, which seems a ridiculous compromise to me.