Best Rimfire shots - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Best Rimfire shots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 12:54 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

I took just the cap off a mtn dew bottle at 75 yards with my savage mark ii

Old 01-20-2013, 01:04 AM   #22

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I watched Downsouth's daughter hit shotgun shells floating in a pond at about 15-20 yards.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #23

Liked 2549 Times on 1654 Posts

Pop can full of water in a small tree at 80 yards. 10-22, Williams fiber optic open sights, federal bulk, standing, pulled the gun up to my shoulder and shot in a little over a second. Probably never do it again the rest of my life. Lol

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 01-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #24
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2282 Times on 1237 Posts
Likes Given: 668

Arctic fox through the ear at 70 yards with a Mossberg 22 mag. No hole in the hide. Yes I had the proper license. Targets from a rest are not meaningful. That just tells you if the gun is accurate. My wife and I shoot spinners at 30 yards off hand with the 22lr rifles.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 01-20-2013, 11:52 PM   #25
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 273 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Does this have to be a .22 handgun? I'm at my mom's out in the country, and I happen to have my pistol... No cigarettes, but my parents dip, so I can get a dip can...
I haven't dipped in a loooong time but as long as the dip can is "under" the height n width of cigarette pack - all is well.

Any handgun will do. The important thing is to have fun while doing it. Maybe put a paper plate below w cigarette pack on top for Mozambique drill.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 PM   #26

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts

After watching "Ememy at the Gates" and seeing Ed Harris shoot the guys string in half when he is trying to get his rifle I tried it from 40 yards out. Took more than a few shots but finally broke the string.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #27

Liked 28 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin225HO
After watching "Ememy at the Gates" and seeing Ed Harris shoot the guys string in half when he is trying to get his rifle I tried it from 40 yards out. Took more than a few shots but finally broke the string.
I'm definitely going to try this next time I go shooting

Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #28

Liked 24 Times on 16 Posts

Rimfire? When I was mowing the lawn one day I had barn swallows buzzing me, I always carried a .22 lr SAA. Just happened that day I had shot shells loaded and took out 2 of the swallows. Haven't had a problem with them since.

Old 01-26-2013, 04:14 AM   #29
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 273 Times on 212 Posts
Likes Given: 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Did you see my boys attempt to strike a match with a bullet from 25 yards? I posted video. They weren't quite successful, but it was only the first attempt and we got cold and went in. A pack of cigs would be easy, but we don't have any around. I mentioned on that other thread that the boys can cut a card in half edgewise with a .22 at 20-25 yards pretty easily. Hitting a playing card face on should be about the same as a pack of cigs, isn't it?

I need to make a camera mount so that I can place my camera downrange to get video.
Not positive but I'd guess a playing card w be in the ball park. I forgot to ask if the pack is Marlboro ie filter or Lucky Stripe/Camels which is smaller. They key is using a handgun as its not much of a challenge w accurate rifle.

Some kids on the youth league just split some cards w Tgt rifles - Not sure On the range - saw picture of them holding the cards on my clubs BB. Looks like Recording "Impossible Shots" is paying off for your boys !

Please post link for video - always wondered what your range looked like. Glad to see your up n firing again. As soon as it gets warmer, I'm hoping to send some lead down range as well. Hell, I couldn't even see a match at 50' much less 25 yds - not too sure about the pack of cigarettes either...

Last edited by Gonzilla; 01-26-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:03 AM   #30
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8679 Times on 5018 Posts
Likes Given: 11284

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Not positive but I'd guess a playing card w be in the ball park. I forgot to ask if the pack is Marlboro ie filter or Lucky Stripe/Camels which is smaller. They key is using a handgun as its not much of a challenge w accurate rifle.

Some kids on the youth league just split some cards w Tgt rifles - Not sure On the range - saw picture of them holding the cards on my clubs BB. Looks like Recording "Impossible Shots" is paying off for your boys !

Please post link for video - always wondered what your range looked like. Glad to see your up n firing again. As soon as it gets warmer, I'm hoping to send some lead down range as well. Hell, I couldn't even see a match at 50' much less 25 yds - not too sure about the pack of cigarettes either...
Here is a clip of the range a few weeks ago. It is still not set up properly, by early summer it is much better. There is a 50 yard target bunker up to the left that you can't see in the video. We get more range out of it by moving the shooting benches back, we can get 100 yards from our road at the property line.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnsx26V7VCM

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.