Best bulk 22 ammo - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Best bulk 22 ammo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2011, 08:15 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I totally agree with you on the bulk Remington "Golden Bullet". I get about 1 misfire in 10 rounds with them.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 05-16-2011, 08:44 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 3

To me "Bulk" ammo is buying 3 or 4 thousand Rounds per order of CCI Mini-Mag, Subsonic HP or 40gr. Subsonic Green Tag.
I tried big boxes and was not happy with my shooting.

Every day I shoot 60 rounds into 12 targets, 5 rounds each, @ 50 yards. Then I do it again 2 or 3 more times.

My goal is to make a single hole in each target. I'm getting better and I'm happy with 1" groups but I still want one hole groups.
I found I can't do that by cheaping-out on ammo.

This year I've bagged 8 Ground Hogs with single Head-shots at 50-75 yards.
The ammo I use gave me confidence that I would hit the target on the first shot.

If I hit what I'm aiming at, shooting is FUN. Otherwise I'm wasting my time and money.
I hate misfires and Flyers.
Just my 2 cents...

Until Obama arms them, these Groundhogs don't stand a chance...

Last edited by X-Raycer; 05-16-2011 at 08:49 PM.

Old 05-19-2011, 05:35 AM   #13

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

I like the Federal 550 packs very accurate in my Ruger 10/22 Target

Old 05-19-2011, 08:13 PM   #14

I have to vote for the Federal 550 packs from Walmart. CCI mini mag is a close second though.

Old 05-20-2011, 12:17 AM   #15
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Anything except Remington Golden Turd ammo.
I have always had good luck out of the Remington Golden Bullets,but then again,I will not ever buy ammo from Walmart or Academy.They force the mfg's to sell the ammo so close to cost,and the mfg's do absolutely NO quality control on their ammo for those places.
I might have to pay more for mine,but I have very little problems out of them.

The Federal shoots pretty good also.

Old 05-20-2011, 05:12 AM   #16

Default Remington cuts quality for Walmart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
I have always had good luck out of the Remington Golden Bullets,but then again,I will not ever buy ammo from Walmart or Academy.They force the mfg's to sell the ammo so close to cost,and the mfg's do absolutely NO quality control on their ammo for those places.
I might have to pay more for mine,but I have very little problems out of them.

The Federal shoots pretty good also.
Come on--no way Remington or any other manufacture stops the production process to use cheaper components or lessen QC because they are selling to Walmart! If one wants to pay more that's fine. Go to Gander Mountain and load up. If Federal or Tula aren't happy with their deal, they would refuse. It's capitalism.

Some of our left brothers say taxes are not high enough. Fine, pay more if it makes one happy.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #17

Liked 648 Times on 425 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Federal 550 bulk value pack
10 shot 25 yard group w/Ruger 10/22 Target

Old 05-21-2011, 01:35 AM   #18
Crazy Azz Redneck
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1196 Times on 686 Posts
Likes Given: 574

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan983 View Post
Come on--no way Remington or any other manufacture stops the production process to use cheaper components or lessen QC because they are selling to Walmart! If one wants to pay more that's fine. Go to Gander Mountain and load up. If Federal or Tula aren't happy with their deal, they would refuse. It's capitalism.

Some of our left brothers say taxes are not high enough. Fine, pay more if it makes one happy.
Dan,I have hauled many truck loads of ammo out of the Remington plant in Lonoke,Arkansas.I have also been told by employee's and manager's there-Not To Buy Ammo from Walmart or the other big chain stores because of the lack of quality control on that ammo.
It's not that the ammo is any different as to the making of it,but they don't do the regular Q.C. on it because they wouldn't be making any profit.

Walmart is a PIA to deal with as a business.They are so large,that they will dictate the prices to get you the consumer a good price,and could care less about the mfg's bottom line.
If you don't believe me,ask anyone that has ever dealt with Walmart or any other big nation wide company as a business.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:45 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txhillbilly View Post
Dan,I have hauled many truck loads of ammo out of the Remington plant in Lonoke,Arkansas.I have also been told by employee's and manager's there-Not To Buy Ammo from Walmart or the other big chain stores because of the lack of quality control on that ammo.
It's not that the ammo is any different as to the making of it,but they don't do the regular Q.C. on it because they wouldn't be making any profit.

Walmart is a PIA to deal with as a business.They are so large,that they will dictate the prices to get you the consumer a good price,and could care less about the mfg's bottom line.
If you don't believe me,ask anyone that has ever dealt with Walmart or any other big nation wide company as a business.
I do not think you realize how retail works. Manufacturers and distributors give price breaks to the larger stores because they sell so much of it.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:45 AM   #20

Liked 9 Times on 5 Posts

I am a range officer and I keep good records of gun and ammo malfunctions. I notice only @ 1 missfire per 550 rounds with Federals, Winchesters are very iffy with their bulk pack. I just shot a 550 round box of Remington's with 18 misfires and 11 squib loads. I see @8000 rounds of 22 shot per year and Federals are heads and shoulders above any other bulk ammo.