Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Besides Ruger 10/22, Best .22 Semi-Auto Rifles

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
.22's are a hot commodity right now. I sold a Remington 550-1 today that was built in 1967 for $350 with an optic. I have an Interarms .22 ATD for sale and I am meeting someone tomorrow about it. I listed it for $275 and the potential buyer has agreed to pay asking price as long as it is as I described it. The 10/22 is high as hell right now as well, I see the basic ones selling for $350 or more second hand. I have seen a couple Marlin 60's in the $175 range though. Where are you located? That kinda determines whats available and how much they run.



I am in southeastern PA. most shops around me are pretty cleaned out right now, its hard to find much. There is a show coming up soon, I'm going to see what I can get there.
__________________
Proagie is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ricochet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 53
Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default

Marlin 60 and Marlin 795! i think they are both superior to a 10/22. the micro groove barrel in them make them more accurate than the Ruger

__________________
Ricochet is offline  
jpattersonnh Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #23
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Shoots2little's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Utah
Posts: 24
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

The relative scarcity of the 10/22 is exactly why I bought the CZ512. It wasn't any more new than un modified used Rugers were going for on GB. Albeit that it doesn't have a bunch of aftermarket parts but if it works well from the get go then no need in my opinion. The CZ USA site actually has the best price on the 10 rnd mags and shipped quickly, and last I looked they had 600 mags in stock. Slightly longer barrel than the stock 10/22 which is something I would have upgraded sooner or later if I had gotten one of those, magazine release doesn't need replacing.......etc. Not bashing the Ruger as I have had fun tinkering with the one we have but feel that maybe I have gotten a rifle that works well for me out of the box this time.

__________________

Ruger SR-22, Browning Buckmark Camper URX, Sig P250 2Sum 9mm, Beretta Nano, Winchester 101 Trap, CZ 512 Mossberg 500 Flex, Carbine MForgery, and soon a rifle length MForgery........and counting. Damn this is fun

Shoots2little is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:57 AM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MisterMcCool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Bumfugg, Egypt
Posts: 7,285
Liked 6022 Times on 3298 Posts
Likes Given: 11512

Default

Don't forget the 100 round Calico m100

__________________
MisterMcCool is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #25
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hawkguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: austin,tx
Posts: 3,542
Liked 2358 Times on 1376 Posts
Likes Given: 1500

Default

i have heard the rumor about the 10/22 not being very accurate. with a cheapo scope mine shoots 1" at 50 yards out of the box. good enough for me, i wasn't expecting MOA from a 22 that starts just over 200 bucks.

my nephew has a marlin 60, and i do think it is a bit more accurate. however i hated the tube magazine and lack of aftermarket parts. the marlin is great, but these are the reasons i went with the 10/22.

so, i think you would be happy with the marlin 60, but if the 10/22 is what you really want, wait it out....they'll be around again in a few months.

__________________
hawkguy is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:57 AM   #26
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
guitarngunguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proagie
As I explained in the initial post, I am having a very hard time locating the Ruger 10/22, If I come across one, then it would be my first choice, but I was looking for advice on something else I can get if I am absolutely unable to locate one.
The marlin 60 sure, is great but the reload is completely different and more "classic" than the simplistic 10/22 auto loader, you have to load the bullets with that long stick under the barrel which in itself takes time.
for the money the plinkster really might be nice too with its ool semi auto handgun type magazines.

I went to a local gunshop today and talked to a lady there who said that not until June 1 will she be allowed by Ruger to import 10/22's from multiple distributors besides Ruger themselves. Ive been looking for a standard wood carbine for months and only found the camo and the takedown for bigger bucks. I was just forced to purchase a woodstock for only twenty bucks on ebay now and will get the ugly camo and just replace it. Gander mountain, walmart, academy, armslist.com if u wanna trust the payment methods, all saay they sell them but now only a few have them in stock like gander mt, and armslist.com. Good luck man, id get the ruger bx25 mags too before any potential capacity ban. I got one for an amount im not willing to divulge cuz its too embarrassing, cheers.
__________________
guitarngunguru is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:54 AM   #27
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,916
Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Marlin 60 and Marlin 795! i think they are both superior to a 10/22. the micro groove barrel in them make them more accurate than the Ruger
They are, fit and finish beat the Ruger out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
i have heard the rumor about the 10/22 not being very accurate. with a cheapo scope mine shoots 1" at 50 yards out of the box. good enough for me, i wasn't expecting MOA from a 22 that starts just over 200 bucks.

my nephew has a marlin 60, and i do think it is a bit more accurate. however i hated the tube magazine and lack of aftermarket parts. the marlin is great, but these are the reasons i went with the 10/22.

so, i think you would be happy with the marlin 60, but if the 10/22 is what you really want, wait it out....they'll be around again in a few months.
If the rifle does what it is supposed to out of the box, why the need to modify it?? I paid $110.00 for my Model 60 years ago, I have not seen a 10/22 out of the box that can touch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarngunguru View Post
The marlin 60 sure, is great but the reload is completely different and more "classic" than the simplistic 10/22 auto loader, you have to load the bullets with that long stick under the barrel which in itself takes time.
for the money the plinkster really might be nice too with its ool semi auto handgun type magazines.

I went to a local gunshop today and talked to a lady there who said that not until June 1 will she be allowed by Ruger to import 10/22's from multiple distributors besides Ruger themselves. Ive been looking for a standard wood carbine for months and only found the camo and the takedown for bigger bucks. I was just forced to purchase a woodstock for only twenty bucks on ebay now and will get the ugly camo and just replace it. Gander mountain, walmart, academy, armslist.com if u wanna trust the payment methods, all saay they sell them but now only a few have them in stock like gander mt, and armslist.com. Good luck man, id get the ruger bx25 mags too before any potential capacity ban. I got one for an amount im not willing to divulge cuz its too embarrassing, cheers.
It is a tube mag, not a stick thingy How long does it take to load a mag for the 10/22? They don't do it themselves.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:11 PM   #28
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
guitarngunguru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpattersonnh
They are, fit and finish beat the Ruger out.

If the rifle does what it is supposed to out of the box, why the need to modify it?? I paid $110.00 for my Model 60 years ago, I have not seen a 10/22 out of the box that can touch it.

It is a tube mag, not a stick thingy How long does it take to load a mag for the 10/22? They don't do it themselves.
Ha true i just saw the correct term for my funny sounding description afterwards, my bad, and yes all things take time, but some take less!
__________________
guitarngunguru is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
jpattersonnh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: South central,NH
Posts: 4,916
Liked 672 Times on 462 Posts
Likes Given: 675

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarngunguru View Post
Ha true i just saw the correct term for my funny sounding description afterwards, my bad, and yes all things take time, but some take less!
Modifying a Ruger takes time and $$. They are not bad firearms, but as with the Mini 14 they never seem to get it right.
__________________

Freedom is not free. The best of us always leave too soon.

jpattersonnh is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:45 PM   #30
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,612
Liked 692 Times on 459 Posts
Likes Given: 712

Default

My two favorite .22's are the Winchester Model 63, and the Weatherby MK. XXII...

__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
MA semi auto rifles with an FID FullautoUSA Massachusetts Gun Forum 11 04-19-2013 12:01 PM
Lookin at semi-auto 9mm rifles keas3 General Rifle Discussion 17 12-08-2012 11:45 PM
Obama announces his goal of banning semi auto rifles GaryE Legal and Activism 4 10-17-2012 04:25 PM
Ruger 10/22 vs. Marlin .22 Semi Auto LandMonster .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion 53 08-03-2012 10:49 AM
Ruger vs Browning (22 semi auto) Eileen General Handgun Discussion 6 08-12-2009 12:10 AM