Bersa Thunder 22
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Bersa Thunder 22

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2011, 06:05 PM   #1
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5745 Times on 3001 Posts
Likes Given: 380

Default Bersa Thunder 22

Ordered a bersa thunder 22. January1 it finally showed up today filled the paperwork on it pick it up Thursday afternoon. Its a exact duplicate of the thunder 380 except its 22lr. Looked at in hand today its very well built solid holds 10 rounds. Magazine is steel construction very solid for a 22 unlike the thin steel of the ruger mk series. Mag base is same construction as the 380 mags.

If it shoots anything like the 380s it will liekly be the best 22 pistol on the market. Pics Thursday range report this weekend. I expect it to be an excellent handgun.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-01-2011, 06:22 PM   #2

Liked 22 Times on 7 Posts

I picked up an older nickel version a few years back at a very good price - and it came with 2 mags. Mine was a great little shooter, my daughter stole it and enjoys it...

Old 03-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

That should be an awesome pistol! My sister has taken my only bersa, a thunder 380.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-02-2011, 03:13 AM   #4

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Very cool. Can't wait for pics and a range report.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 03-03-2011, 11:37 PM   #5
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Picked up the newest bersa we now have 4 now 2 thunder 380's 1 thunder 380 plus and the new thunder 22.

as you can see below it is identical to the thunder 380 in form and function. the outer barrel diameter is identical to the the 380 version and the slides will interchange up to the point where you actually lock it to the frame t that point the slight differences in caliber prevent slide changes and bad things happening. most frame parts are however identical.

close up of the little bugger. what makes this pair ideal is the exact same function of the 22 to the 380 meaning these little pistols make a potent pair one for training and plinking and one for ccw. the common failing of most 22lr pistols is the fact they do not duplicate the function of fullsize defensive guns or they are scaled down versions. the price tag was 329$ new.

one of the big issues is the feed angle of the rounds from the magazine to the chamber and too small of a chamber to reliably allow the rounds to feed properly. as you can see it has a decent feed angle so even slowly riding the slide forward the rounds chamber easily without binding. the chamber has a small bit of wiggle room which should aid in extraction.

i fully expect this to be a very reliable 22lr pistol it has a lot of potential. taking it out saturday for a hefty shoot. first impressions are very positive. iy has all the features that are required to make a 22lr function reliably.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 PM   #6

Default Range report on my new Bersa Thunder 22

Bought it yesterday at the local GS for $300 OTD. Cleaned it up good this morning. Just went to the range with my friend. This is the compiled ammo type and shots that I've had so far through the gun:

100 CCI Mini Mag (Walmart) = 100% no failure
200 Remington Bulk 550 box (Walmart) = 2 FTE (shot after 100 CCI rounds)
13 Winchester (from my friend) = 3 FTF (will not buy Winchester next time)

My friend has the 22 conversion for his Sig P229. He has no issue with CCI Mini Mag and my Remington Bulk rounds but has same issue with his Winchester rounds

So far, very please with the performance of the Bersa. Look to buy another mag or two for my new Bersa. Do any of you know where to look?

Old 03-12-2011, 01:12 AM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerchuong View Post
Bought it yesterday at the local GS for $300 OTD. Cleaned it up good this morning. Just went to the range with my friend. This is the compiled ammo type and shots that I've had so far through the gun:

100 CCI Mini Mag (Walmart) = 100% no failure
200 Remington Bulk 550 box (Walmart) = 2 FTE (shot after 100 CCI rounds)
13 Winchester (from my friend) = 3 FTF (will not buy Winchester next time)

My friend has the 22 conversion for his Sig P229. He has no issue with CCI Mini Mag and my Remington Bulk rounds but has same issue with his Winchester rounds

So far, very please with the performance of the Bersa. Look to buy another mag or two for my new Bersa. Do any of you know where to look?
you can order them at THUN22BLMAG - Thunder 22 Lr Bersa, 22 , Blue,10 Round, Magazine

Old 03-12-2011, 03:44 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
Thank you JonM.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerchuong View Post
Thank you JonM.
your welcome.

want to see something impressive with your thunder 22?? load up a few spent cases in the mag. this 22 will feed empty cases more often than not.

Old 03-12-2011, 02:22 PM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2907 Times on 1676 Posts
Likes Given: 1257

If it is anything like my PPK/s in .22, you should be able to hit fly's wings at 25 yards. (yes I did that, but it was a fluke)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)