Beretta Neo review - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Beretta Neo review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2010, 11:37 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Good advice cpttango30!!

Ryel, my wheel was tight when it was new. First time I broke it down I had to use pliers to loosen it. Now I just don't overtighten it on asssembly. My real PITA is getting the wheel started on the stud to reassemble it.

99% of my NEOS shooting has been with the powderless .22 Aguila Super Colibri. They don't cycle the action anyway. In regular .22lr I've only used Federal bulk pack #750's and they run fine.

When I sent mine back I just used the softside pistol case I keep it in. Put it in an old cardboard box with some bubble wrap. Beretta shipped it back to me in the soft case, wrapped in bubble wrap, inside a UPS box.

Here is the page to set up UPS pick up. Just click on "Generate Call Tag" under shipping info & fill it out. Ups picked mine up the next day.

NEOS Service Home

They used overnight delivery "both" ways. Outstanding Service!

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 10-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #22

Default I Guess My Question Was Answered !

Damn, why didn't I see this thread before I posted mine ?
My question is answered, thanks folks !

No Son of a Bitch ever won a War by Dying for His Country ! It's the Son of a Bitch who makes the Other Poor Bastard Die for His Country who Wins the War !

George S. Patton, General 3rd Army United States .

Old 10-13-2010, 11:37 PM   #23

BTW, I see on the Beretta site that the long promised U22 Neos Carbine Kit is now available but at $250 it begs the question of WHY!!! They say it makes a great "plinker" so that suggests that their barrel is no better then a Ruger standard which goes for $49 on Bownells with the target barrels going for as much as $300. Has anybody tried this setup? Please share your thoughts...

Old 10-20-2010, 01:52 PM   #24

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Just an update.

I recieved in the mail a card stating that my Neos has a recall on it. I got it a few days ago.

Old 10-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryel View Post
BTW, I see on the Beretta site that the long promised U22 Neos Carbine Kit is now available but at $250 it begs the question of WHY!!! They say it makes a great "plinker" so that suggests that their barrel is no better then a Ruger standard which goes for $49 on Bownells with the target barrels going for as much as $300. Has anybody tried this setup? Please share your thoughts...
Deprecated Browser Error

Kinda neat look'in, but like you say WHY!!!

You would really have to be into the NEOS thing, probably a "must have" if you are a collector. For that $ I could get another Ruger 10/22 Carbine.

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 10-21-2010, 12:06 PM   #26

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts

Well got notice the other day and my NEOS should be at home by the time I get there from work today.....

15 days total with 2 days there and 2 days back that is 11 days. Much faster then I was expecting.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:12 PM   #27

I used to own one a few years back. Its a solid gun and I personally never had any issues in the years I've owned it.

[http://mercop.wordpress.com
http://www.themensroomonline.net/

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Certified (Traveling) Notary State Of FL

Old 11-02-2010, 12:50 AM   #28

Today, November 1, 2010, I received back my Neos from Beretta who had replaced the recalled firing pin. I sent it in October 11th packed it in the original plastic box then covered with the original Beretta cardboard box. They returned it the same way but the cardboard box came back pretty beat up, with both ends torn and several corners trashed. Won’t make that mistake again. Now to get it out to the range for testing and evaluation.

ps
I hate UPS....they make me wait around the house from 7am till 6 pm to get a package that I could pick up from their office on my timetable.