Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Beretta Neo review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2010, 10:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Just heard about it this week. Heck of a deal!

Neos Firing Pin Identification

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Beretta has a place to check the serial number to see if your NEOS is affected.

Thanks for the heads up.

... ed ...
MAINE - The Way Life Should Be ...

Old 09-25-2010, 01:25 AM   #13

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

I'm thinking about getting one of these for the kiddos so they will stay away from my buckmark.

Old 09-25-2010, 01:26 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 445 Times on 321 Posts
Likes Given: 144

We have 2 Neos,,, they shoot great,, mine is a six inch barrel, the wife likes the handier, lighter four inch model. She has blue insert grips and even picked up 2 Neo folding knives at a shop that match each piece. We have never had any trouble with either, I just think the little loop on the rail makes it as ugly as hell. It will keep the rounds in the bull for as long as you care to squeeze them off. For the price, it is very hard to beat. Only time will tell if they hold up like my Ruger standard autos, that will be a trick. I highly recommend them,, good servicable pistols,, just ugly. I would like to have the magazine release relocated,, sometimes when I take my finger out of the guard, it hits it dropping the magazine,, took a while to teach myself to put my finger low instead of a higher position.

Jeff

Old 10-06-2010, 07:28 PM   #15

Just a follow up, UPS picked mine up 27 september & returned it today 6 October. Week and 1/2 total turnaround, not too shabby.

Best part is NO scratches, scrapes or other marks on the weapon. It has the new style firing pin in it now, Beretta did an Outstanding job. Pigeons beware!!, life is good!

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 10-06-2010, 09:08 PM   #16

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Glad I checked this. I have to send mine in for service. Maybe they will be nice and replace the rail that is all ate up for me as well....

Old 10-09-2010, 03:51 PM   #17

Thanks for the firing pin heads up Kenhesr. I checked mine and found it was the original so as soon as I figure out Beretta's confusing requirements I will get the gun out to them. You know, they could just say fill out this form or call this # for an RA number.

I found the Neos to be sensitive to ammo, found PMC to be the most accurate and feed problem free while the Winchester would cause the most problems. What is yours like? OOPS, forgot to mention that PMC no longer offers this 22 ammo.

BTW, have you found a special way to loosen the take down wheel? Mine will go on nicely, then when I go to take it down it will be so tight I can't budge it.
enjoy

Old 10-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #18

NOTE: To all that are wanting to send their NEOS back for repair. First pack the pistol and ONLY the pistol up in a box I used the original box from them. Don't send mags, sights or anything else with it. Once you have it boxed up go to the website and fill out the form to get it there. UPS will show up the next day to pick it up. They will have a prepaid tag and peal it off and attach it to the box then give you the other half. Then it is out of your hand.

I packed it in the original plastic box then put it in the cardboard box then I wrapped it up in brown packing paper. Just to be on the safe side.

Old 10-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #19

Hey cpttango, did they send you back the original cardboard box with the label info?

thanks

Old 10-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #20

I don't know I just sent mine out yesterday.