Beretta ARX 160 22 lr
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Beretta ARX 160 22 lr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts

Default Beretta ARX 160 22 lr

Have any of you gotten the new beretta tactical 22? I think it looks very cool and almost bought it off of impulse. I like the way it feels but I'm scared of buying it for a few reasons.
1. All polymer. I prefer steel or aluminum
2. The price. Fairly expensive
What do you guys think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-05-2013, 12:38 AM   #2

Liked 1126 Times on 731 Posts
Likes Given: 2014

I got to handle it in the .223 version . Has the FN Scar look and had alot of plastic on it . Sorry its just another over priced wanna be AR IMHO

And Dictators Prefer Unarmed Citizens

Old 08-06-2013, 06:11 PM   #3

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 10

+1 to HAVOC's comment but i shot one a couple of weeks ago

my range buddie's GF got him one. She decided to get him a neat "toy" to take to the range. they are pretty awesome, and so is that chick.

shoot well right out of the box. have what looks like the same magazine as the Colt Umarex. AR style so customizing to individual tastes is boundless. IMO, they are heavier than need to be, but not too far off from a 223. ate every type of bulk ammo that we fed it. which makes it a step up from my Colt Umarex which is picky about the bullet head not being tapered.

they are priced decently in my area and if you like the look, I don't, my buddy does, worth the price.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:16 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1848 Times on 1001 Posts
Likes Given: 563

Does it break down like an AR? My wife's 15-22 is almost identical to an AR in controls and take down which makes it very easy to clean. It has been very reliable and 25 round mags are only $20. Still a lot of plastic.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 08-06-2013, 11:35 PM   #5

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ
Does it break down like an AR?
No, it's not an AR style gun really. Or it's not meant to mimic an AR. It's meant to mimic the Italian military's ARX 160 in 5.56 You hav to fold the stock push a pin and then you can pull the trigger group out. From there you can pull the bolt out of where the buffer tuber would be.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:30 PM   #6

Liked 68 Times on 64 Posts

i like it

eventually ill get one of those.

Old 08-09-2013, 05:09 AM   #7

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Yeti!

Question for you: The one you held... did you shoot it?

I picked one up a couple of months ago. I really like it! I added a Bushnell Trophy Red/Green Dot Scope (My Front & Rear Flip-Up Sights Co-Witness nicely...), Magpul AFG Fore Grip, Pachmayr Slip-On Grip Cover, and covered the Side Rails for comfort. It's a very good Shooter! I bought a few extra Mags, and have only run 100-Rounds through it so far, and it hasn't missed a beat, shooting Fed Ammo.

I had an M&P 15-22 (Polymer too...) until March, and find the quality of the Beretta to be just as good if not better. No complaints at all, on my end.

It's got Ambi-Controls for Safety/Fire and Mag Release Switches, and the Charging Handle can be switched from Left/Right Side. I like the way it Breaks Down for cleaning, with the Fire Control Group, popping out easily.

FYI, I have a Beretta CX4 9mm Carbine, and even though it's mostly Polymer as well, it's an Excellent Gun! I've got over 1K Rounds through it, and it still purrs like a Kitten, with no FTE's/FTL's/FTF's! It's my PD Home Gun.

Nothing wrong with Polymer Guns, if they're made correctly!

Cheers!

BB

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Old 08-09-2013, 09:00 PM   #8

Liked 9 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard1718
Yeti!

Question for you: The one you held... did you shoot it?

I picked one up a couple of months ago. I really like it! I added a Bushnell Trophy Red/Green Dot Scope (My Front & Rear Flip-Up Sights Co-Witness nicely...), Magpul AFG Fore Grip, Pachmayr Slip-On Grip Cover, and covered the Side Rails for comfort. It's a very good Shooter! I bought a few extra Mags, and have only run 100-Rounds through it so far, and it hasn't missed a beat, shooting Fed Ammo.

I had an M&P 15-22 (Polymer too...) until March, and find the quality of the Beretta to be just as good if not better. No complaints at all, on my end.

It's got Ambi-Controls for Safety/Fire and Mag Release Switches, and the Charging Handle can be switched from Left/Right Side. I like the way it Breaks Down for cleaning, with the Fire Control Group, popping out easily.

FYI, I have a Beretta CX4 9mm Carbine, and even though it's mostly Polymer as well, it's an Excellent Gun! I've got over 1K Rounds through it, and it still purrs like a Kitten, with no FTE's/FTL's/FTF's! It's my PD Home Gun.

Nothing wrong with Polymer Guns, if they're made correctly!

Cheers!

BB
No, i didn't shoot it and could you post a picture of yours it sounds amazing!

Old 08-10-2013, 05:20 AM   #9

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti View Post
No, i didn't shoot it and could you post a picture of yours it sounds amazing!
Here ya go:

BTW, I have a "D" Ring Single Sling Attachment, mounted on the Left Side.

Cheers!

BB

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Old 08-13-2013, 05:28 PM   #10

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 10

like that foregrip add on. my buddy's looks more like the OP's pic still.
if anyone want to know, they seem to use the same magazine as the Colt Umarex. he and I swapped them out and the only issue was a tight fit when removing the mag. I figure it would work itself, or could be, looser after a few range cycles. and the beretta mags were 1/2 the $$ of umarex ones