Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Benjamin Sheridan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Benjamin Sheridan

Whats the difference between http://www.pyramydair.com/site/manuals/benjamin-sheridan/
.22 caliber lead pellets versus real ammunition?
This gun has variable force settings (multiple pumps) probably high pressure capabilities

It says 800 fps muzzle velocity, what would that be on a real gun?

What about other physics forces like weight behind the bullet

Last edited by SquadraBlanco; 10-08-2007 at 04:38 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-09-2007, 07:25 PM   #2

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I would say the shape of the round and fps. They can be very accurate. Just look at the competition shooters, they are perty darn'd good. Those can get pretty pricey$$$$ I bought a Sheridan blue streak back in 1972.
It is an excellent air rifle. If you are planning on getting one. I don't believe you could go wrong. btw-Benjamin puts out a good quality gun too.

Old 10-12-2007, 03:57 PM   #3

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Comparsion

The main thing to remember when comparing any air rifle to .22 rimfire is that although velocities may look similar,projectile weight is vastly different-A LOT higher for the powder driven version,which of course affects energy level.
Air rifles has came a long way however,especially with the pressurized tank models.