Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   the benefits of working OT (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/benefits-working-ot-53289/)

jjfuller1 12-09-2011 09:46 PM

the benefits of working OT

1 Attachment(s)
i just couldnt leave it on the shelf any longer.. now it sits in my shelf!

TLuker 12-09-2011 11:44 PM

Tis the Season

Is it starting to feel a lot like Christmas? :)

Nice.

I'm also planning to add to the collection tomorrow.

winds-of-change 12-10-2011 04:27 PM

I like working overtime, too.

Let me say (again) I wish when people posted pictures of guns they would say what kind of gun they are. I am not one of those who can look at a gun and know what it is. I'm trying to learn and to put a 'name' on a gun helps me a lot. :o

Firearms4ever 12-10-2011 04:53 PM

It looks like a Marlin 60 from here. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun to shoot that's for sure ;).

jjfuller1 12-10-2011 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by winds-of-change (Post 647896)
I like working overtime, too.

Let me say (again) I wish when people posted pictures of guns they would say what kind of gun they are. I am not one of those who can look at a gun and know what it is. I'm trying to learn and to put a 'name' on a gun helps me a lot. :o

opps. new i forgot something. hehe.

marlin model 60, .22 cal semi auto with synthetic stock, instead of a magazine it has the tube you see under the barrel. it holds 14.
$194

i also ordered a nikon prostaff 3x9x40 last night should be here next week sometime. $149

after i put a few hundred rounds through it to see if it has enough accuracy i may change the stock to a boyds thumbhole stock. but not sure about that yet.

jjfuller1 12-14-2011 09:51 PM

update

1 Attachment(s)
got my scope in the mail today. woot woot. now if i can only find firing time

Firearms4ever 12-14-2011 10:12 PM

That's a nice looking set up ;).

marlin-owner 12-15-2011 04:15 AM

congrats on your brand new marlin!!! it looks identical to a 795 without the mag. i got my 795 last year and its still goin good after aprox 4k rounds down range! i got extremely lucky though. brand new for 95.00 hehe on sale and manufature rebate :))). you should check marlinarms.com and see if there is any sort of rebate.

big shrek 12-15-2011 10:58 PM

Clean it, lightly oil the guts, and use CCI or Blazer for the first 1000 rounds :)

Clean every action 200 rds or so...treat it like an AR15. A clean Marlin is a happy Marlin :)

Boyd's Riflestocks has some killer laminate stocks as well...
DIP has trigger/guard upgrades & more...

And I've got links to TONS of stuff, just ask for what you want/need :)

jjfuller1 12-15-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big shrek (Post 653001)
Clean it, lightly oil the guts, and use CCI or Blazer for the first 1000 rounds :)

Clean every action 200 rds or so...treat it like an AR15. A clean Marlin is a happy Marlin :)

Boyd's Riflestocks has some killer laminate stocks as well...
DIP has trigger/guard upgrades & more...

And I've got links to TONS of stuff, just ask for what you want/need :)

cool. i actually made a post a couple days ago about boyds stocks but no one answered. lol. i was thinking the rvt thumbhole camo or nutmeg. should i try to do any sort of barrel break in ?