AR-15 Chiappa .22 upper/CMMG upper any thoughts?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > AR-15 Chiappa .22 upper/CMMG upper any thoughts?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 03:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default AR-15 Chiappa .22 upper/CMMG upper any thoughts?

Been looking at both CMMG as well as Chiappa .22 uppers. Even checked out just going the bolt/magazine route.
Anyone have one of these or just plain what's your feedback on them?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 02-23-2011, 05:26 PM   #2

I have a Chiappa upper on my AR, it shoots pretty well (I made pretty tight groups on 50yds) and CCI mini mags ammo works just fine. The only thing I don't like is that you can't remove the charging handle, but it's no big deal.

I also have another almost new Chiappa upper for sale if you are interested. It is listed on GunBroker.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5921 Times on 3092 Posts
Likes Given: 416

personally i would go with the cmmg. ive got their plain kit it works flawless. simple design easy to repair if you should ever need to. i would think their dedicated upper would be even better. a future want for me is their govt profile barrel dedicated for 22lr

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...