You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

Anyone tried the GSG STG 44

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 66 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Default Anyone tried the GSG STG 44

Has anyone tried these 22lr clones of the MP 44? I am wondering if they are reliable and what type of accuracy they get @ 50 yards.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-13-2013, 02:57 AM   #2

Liked 86 Times on 62 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I have one and it is a really fun gun to shoot. The rifle has been totally reliable with good quality high velocity ammunition and is capable of 2" groups at 50 yards. The only annoying aspect is that once you break it out at a public range everyone wants to shoot it. If you're a WWII buff like I am I highly recommend one. It's heavy so you're not going to lug it around hunting. But for a fun range rifle it's fantastic.

dsc09621.jpg   dsc09618.jpg  

Old 12-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply. I bought one a week ago but haven't had a chance to shoot it due to very cold temps in the mountains of AZ. I bought it because I have a mint all matching MP 44 that I won't shoot due to possible parts breakage making the MP 44 a mismatch and lack of parts and even if you can find them they are very expensive

Old 12-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #4
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3391 Times on 2293 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnev
Thanks for the reply. I bought one a week ago but haven't had a chance to shoot it due to very cold temps in the mountains of AZ. I bought it because I have a mint all matching MP 44 that I won't shoot due to possible parts breakage making the MP 44 a mismatch and lack of parts and even if you can find them they are very expensive
Going to be 60 tomorrow in the verde valley where I am....we're shooting outdoors tomorrow...

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #5

Same here in Prescott. But Sunday is football day but Monday a Tuesday look fine. Probably go out both days as I have a number of rifles I have to site in beside the GSG STG 44.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #6
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3391 Times on 2293 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnev
Same here in Prescott. But Sunday is football day but Monday a Tuesday look fine. Probably go out both days as I have a number of rifles I have to site in beside the GSG STG 44.
Didn't realize you were on the other side of the Mtn. from us! I'm In Clarkdale, at the bottom of the hill from Jerome......

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...

Old 12-16-2013, 04:50 PM   #7

Default Gsg stg 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Didn't realize you were on the other side of the Mtn. from us! I'm In Clarkdale, at the bottom of the hill from Jerome......
I am 22 years removed from East Moriches, LI. The GSG STG 44 worked flawlessly and was quite accurate at 25 and 50 yards. The windage sight was right on when centered. The front site blade seems to be too high as the rear sight had to be elevated near he top of its range with both brands (Winchester and Federal) ammunition. So It will have to be slowly filed down to register properly. That is exactly what the video review on you tube showed.

Last edited by samnev; 12-18-2013 at 06:40 PM.