Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Anyone own a Remington model 5 .22lr ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Anyone own a Remington model 5 .22lr ?

How do you like it? Tell me about it, I'm very interested in buying one. Looks like they might be a good bang for the buck.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #2

Hi neighbor! I picked up a new one this spring for the grandaughter. First time out, sighting it in became an, "ohhh yeah, this is a Keeper" moment! Shooting at a beer can on a dirt bank out 120 yds, after 5 rds and a few small scope adjustments we could hit it EVERY time.

Next we set up a paper target at 60 yds, after 4 rds to dial it in, proceeded to take the center out of it!

To clarify, all shots were fired off sandbag rests on calm sunny days, no wind at all - ammo used was Federal bulk packed .22LR, 36 grain, copper plated, hollow points. At 60 yds all shots could be covered by a Quarter. Not too bad for a little girls first days of shooting!

Down side - the rifle has a 5 rd magazine and I can't find any extras for sale at any price. I have been told that Mossy 702 plinkster 10 rd mags will fit with minor modifications. Got some, but have not tried to fit them yet.

Do I like the rifle, you bet! Would I recommend it, yes but not till I get another one, (don't want to drive up the price) I'll be watching the sales at Dick's & Gander Mt. this winter. Good Luck, Ken

Old 11-10-2009, 02:49 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

My Friend has the Zastava version and loves it. He had the front sight cut off, barrel shortened, rechambered with an anchutz reamer, and turned upside down to hide the rear sight dovetail.

Shoots good.