Any help with info is great
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Any help with info is great

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2010, 02:33 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Any help with info is great

I have a bolt action, single shot, .22 rifle given to me. Barrel is marked MADE IN JAPAN.
Other markings on the barrel are, from tip of barrel to toward breech (all markings on left side)
LIBERTY ARMS CORP
MODEL AR-10
CAL.22.RIFLE
MADE IN JAPAN
A 3 DIGIT serial number
On top of the breech is a stamp with 3 crossed arrows and below that it says "SAR".
Any info would be great. If pictures would help, let me know and I can PM them to you.
Thanks

Robert

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 04-17-2010, 03:06 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

I googled it and couldn't find anything that seemed to make sense. Post some pictures here and folks should be able to help.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 04-17-2010, 03:14 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Will see what I can do. Hate to admit it, computers are not my strong point. Will figure out how to post the pictures and see if that helps.

Robert

Old 04-17-2010, 03:38 AM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

dscn1757.jpg

dscn1755.jpg

dscn1754.jpg

dscn1760.jpg

Old 04-21-2010, 08:26 AM   #5

The "AR" in the model first made me suggest that Armalite made the rifle, but the other markings point to otherwise. I would say that a lot of companies probably trade the name "Liberty" back and forth frequently. The made in japan stamp makes me wonder if you have an import, just how the Chinese hide behind the western-sounding name Norinco. I almost bought a norinco shotgun for CHEAP (like $120) until I found out it was a Chinese import (not by any means that all foreign-made firearms should be avoided). The acronym SAR I first thought maybe semi-automatic rifle (until I remembered you said it was single-shot). Sorry for the run-around answer, but I think you might have a cheap import. Maybe not. I'll research a little more.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #6

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Surplusrifleforum.com • View topic - Shinbisha air rifle Model AR10, .22 cal?

That's a nodd one. This was all I found.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #7
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9542 Times on 4105 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Shinbisa (?) Air rifle Company. No connection to Armalite. There are at least 5 companies that used the Liberty name.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:17 PM   #8

I think these two above have hit it on the money. Seems to me you gave a Shinbisha air
rifle. From what I've read it is a youth rifle, others say it is possibly a training model.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:12 AM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Thanks guys, I knew someone here would be a hell of a lot smarter then I was. So now I know. Maybe I will use it, along with a Crikkett, to train my daughters.

Old 06-30-2010, 02:13 AM   #10

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Shinbisha Air Rifle

I have had one of these rifles since I was a young boy. It came out of an old survivial kit my father had from the late 60s early 70s. After much pleading, he finally let me open the metal canister that was the survival kit. It was like Christmas. One of the things in the kit was the exact rifle you describe. It breaks down fairly compact and fit well in the kit. I have kept the rifle every since then.