Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Any feedback on New High Standards?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Any feedback on New High Standards?

I have been shooting alot of 22 pistol lately. I currently have an East Hartford Trophy. It's been a great pistol. i've been thinking about picking up a second gun. Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-13-2012, 02:03 AM   #2

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I have seen these guns at the NRA show in Pittsburgh last year they look great and they had a Supermatic and it felt and looked very good Highstandered has changed hands a bunch of time when Mitchell had them they looked cheap but the guys that have them now put some quality back into the product I would love to get one of there Olympic target pistol,S&W 41 or rugermk3 in prohunter or competition hammerlli essex also known as sigsauer trailside sold at jons guns and champions choice very accurate I have shot all of these and owned most and I still like my old Highstandered mines from Hartford but i have two other barrels from Hamdon.good luck picking one out.

Old 04-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #3

Liked 425 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 34

I know I'm late to the party, but from what I've seen and read, the quality of the new Houston HS pistols is hit or miss. Some have great luck with them and others have had nothing but problems. My opinion, they are a far cry from the older Hamden and E. Hartford guns from the past. I'd recommend just keeping an eye out for the "real deal".