another "my first gun" thread - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > another "my first gun" thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

If you are shooting off hand and prone might want to look at cz-lux or ultra lux in a 452 model best open sights out there and has a 11mm scope rail made into reciever so you dont loose zero if you take scope off lux has 24" barrel and ultra-lux has a 28"barrel sights are adjustable at rear and front blade is adjustable to fine tune it you can find them for 350 to380 new sometimes less used very accurate shooter and good quality check out rimfire shooter and rimfire central and do your home work.

Old 06-11-2012, 03:08 PM   #22

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

i've been wanting the ultra lux since i came across it on cheaperthandirt.com about a year ago now. it's something i'd have to save up for, maybe as a reward for some accomplishment. if they gave CZ's to high school grads, i guarantee more kids would graduate! hmm, maybe that'd get me to take the GED test... hell yeah it would! so it's decided, get my GED, get a CZ. get my diploma, get 3!

Old 06-14-2012, 05:28 PM   #23

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

i guess i decided, seeing as i walked out of the gun shop today with a gun. i didnt intend to get one, but when you take a teenager, add $160, a glenfield model 60 with a fancy red tag reading $99.99 and a surprise "yes" from his mother, you get the happiest teen in the store (mainly because i was the only one in the store that didnt work there). i honestly wasnt expecting her to say yes, i just half-jokingly asked for the sake of asking. i actually asked if i could get a different gun, but decided to get the glenfield because i had actually heard of it and knew something about it.

the gun is kinda beat up, the barrel and tube are both covered in rust spots and the inner tube as seen better days but the stock is in immaculate condition from what i've seen, not that i've spent much time looking at it. i'll post pics when i'm bothered enough to find the camera.

it shoots great, way better than my savage. i aimed at a root in the gallery and hit it dead center without even trying, not something the savage could do (the rear sight is messed up, i cant get it to align). i had some issues but worked those out. i didnt know that it had a slide lock for cleaning and clearing and thought it broke until i did a google search and found the solution, pull the handle out...

i mounted a scope that i had laying around so i get to shoot some more! gotta sight it in, of course! i bought some cci quiets and shot most of the box through it. they dont have the power to fully move the bolt but they can move it about 1/3 of the way, just enough to let some powder spray out. i've experenced this with shorts and long out of the savage. it happens because they use a stronger primer in lieu of powder. this can cause the brass to give and the primer can blow out backwards. not fun when shooting lefty. anyway, they are what i shot the root with. i just hope the other ammo i got works just as well.