Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Another Browning Semi Auto .22 question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 32 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Default Another Browning Semi Auto .22 question

I'm hoping Vearl sees this. I have an old take down .22, and it shoots VERY high. Like 3 feet high at 100 yards.

Is there a fix for this other than a high front sight, or mounting a scope?

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-20-2010, 11:57 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8330 Times on 3602 Posts
Likes Given: 1281

Check for a bent barrel, loose barrel, dings in the crown of the muzzle. 3 feet at 100 yards is off the map for sights.

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Check for a bent barrel, loose barrel, dings in the crown of the muzzle. 3 feet at 100 yards is off the map for sights.
I did the whole "trouble shoot" thing. No issues, and the gun is like new. Just shoots high.

I had an Enfield that did the same thing, and fixed that by mounting a scope.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 10-21-2010, 07:21 PM   #4

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

IF I had it at work and had this problem I would " Adjust the Barrel ".
YES that's what I said !!
There is always the possibility that someone replaced the sights (especially the front one) and that is causing the problem. I don't know what sight combo. you have on the rifle. I have seen the rear sight taken off, lost and then replaced with a BAR rear sight which will fit the dove tail but is MUCH higher than the original .22 sight. If you have the fold down rear sight on the rifle it SHOULD NOT have a white on the leaf. If it does it's a BAR sight. Some people are selling BAR sights as replacements because they will fit and most people don't know one from another just by looking at them.

Last edited by Vearl Brown; 10-21-2010 at 07:29 PM.

Old 10-21-2010, 08:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vearl Brown View Post
IF I had it at work and had this problem I would " Adjust the Barrel ".
YES that's what I said !!
There is always the possibility that someone replaced the sights (especially the front one) and that is causing the problem. I don't know what sight combo. you have on the rifle. I have seen the rear sight taken off, lost and then replaced with a BAR rear sight which will fit the dove tail but is MUCH higher than the original .22 sight. If you have the fold down rear sight on the rifle it SHOULD NOT have a white on the leaf. If it does it's a BAR sight. Some people are selling BAR sights as replacements because they will fit and most people don't know one from another just by looking at them.
Thanks, Vearl. I will check it later today. The front sight is the original narrow post with the bead on it. Knowing who owned it before me, I doubt the rear was replaced, but will check it.

I do have trouble getting a good cheek weld because the rear sight is so low.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI