All right, enlighten me.
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > All right, enlighten me.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 10:21 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default All right, enlighten me.

Having begun to REALLY enjoy shooting rimfires again. What is the deal with the Remington 510, 11, 12, 13S, and 13T. I have 2 510's a 513S & T. Prices for these little rimfires is all over the place. Anywhere from $150 to $1500.00. I know condition plays a large roll, but $540.00 for a 511. $hit, I wish I had bought a boat load, back in the day. Just biatching.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-26-2009, 11:04 PM   #2

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

It's always a thing of supply & demand as with all things. It seems in the last few years people are discovering just how accurate these old rifles really are. Naturally there's darn few in NIB or excellent condition anymore. It's virtually impossible to "shoot out" 1 of these barrels so you're paying for cosmetic shape when pricing them.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:36 AM   #3

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'll have to check which model mine is. I have one up at my cabin that just sits there for years. I oil it every so often so it doesn't rust. It's the single shot bolt action (no magazine or tube) in excellent condition. I never use it cause it's a single shot..

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body - USMC
"Qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum"

Old 05-27-2009, 01:27 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

With the scarcity and the price of ammo, 22s are becoming pretty popular. I have been shooting my Mark II in place of my 40 more and more. Practice is still practice no matter what caliber.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:06 PM   #5

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyb13 View Post
Having begun to REALLY enjoy shooting rimfires again. What is the deal with the Remington 510, 11, 12, 13S, and 13T. I have 2 510's a 513S & T. Prices for these little rimfires is all over the place. Anywhere from $150 to $1500.00. I know condition plays a large roll, but $540.00 for a 511. $hit, I wish I had bought a boat load, back in the day. Just biatching.
I know which 511 you are talking about. That douche bag on Gunbroker got into it with me when I emailed him and offered him $150 for his $540 511 (That is way out of the price range for a 511 even a 99% NRA grade 511 with Redfield sights). He told me I didn't know crap and that He got his price right out of the blue book. What ever the two he was selling were parts guns where he bought all the parts and put them together. The one had a phillips and a slot screw in the butt plate. The stock had a glossy finish which was not factory it was a hand rubbed oil finish as my 80+% Remington 511X has. That dude also called them early production which was a bold face lie on his part, as they both had grooved receivers which are only on late model 5teen rifles.

The 510 is a single shot any Remington rimfire with a 0 is a single shot (Most of the time) the 511 score master and X are 6 shot repeaters the 512 is tube feed and the 513 T is a highly sought after target rifle for youth and stock small bore comp. The 513S is a rare find and will bring your wallet down a lot. The 513 T if it is US marked will set you back in the range of $650 to $850 depending on set up and sometime even more if it has a period Unertl or lyman scope on it. Score masters are the lower end line of rifles and the sights are not as good as the x, s, or t models. I have a parts 513T which was a 511 receiver with a 513 t stock and barrel. The 513 barrel was bad So I need to order another one from Numrich or if I can get in with a gunsmith buddy of mine and help him out in his shop I might be able to order a nice SS barrel blank and machine it myself to fit my rifle.

I can tear down a 5teen in a matter of a few minutes drive a few pins and turn a few screwes and bang it all falls apart. these rifles are not built for accuracy and it suprises a few many people to see just how good they really do shoot. The receiver is made of stamped and welded steel.

At one time I was thinking if I could make it I wanted to make a 5teen style alum action with a built in rail on top then get some company to make me a custom pistol stock like the XP-100R rear grip I would have a real seller on my hand

I covet the 513S and I need a few more to complete my 5teen collection. I am also after a beater Remington 580 as i can order a 540 benchrest stock and get a 540 matchgrade barrel and a Timney 788 trigger and have one hell of a shooter on my hands for $900 or less.

Old 05-27-2009, 04:05 PM   #6

Default Hey Tango

I asked that $hitbird about the screws in the buttplate, and the grooved reciever on that early "511". He told me to read up on Remingtons, and mind my own business. $crew that Jerk.

SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS

Don't blame the tool, blame the fool.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:34 PM   #7

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Incase some of you are wondering what we are talking about. These are the most expensive Remington 511's on the planet.

REMINGTON,511,SCOREMASTER,22 CAL.BOLT-R : Curios and Relics at GunBroker.com

REMINGTON,SCOREMASTER,MODEL-511,22-BOLT-R. : Curios and Relics at GunBroker.com

Here is one that is slightly over priced as it has a poorly fitted recoil pad because them 22lr are shoulder breakers when loaded with the new mammoth stomper loads. and the mag release is not factory. Other than that it is a good example of a remington 511.

Here is another properly prices Remington 511 this is a P model P standing for factory peep sights.
Remington 511 – P The Scoremaster 22 25" bbl : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com
Remington Scoremaster 511-X .22 Cal Rifle w/Scope : Bolt Action at GunBroker.com