Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > After Research I'm also decided on this rifle...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 01:07 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 64 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Marlin model 60. The tube magazine is easier/faster to load than a clip plus it's more accurate than an out of the box Ruger.

Yeah, I said clip. GET OVER IT.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:10 AM   #12

Model 60, It initally has a Heavy Pull, But after a few months you wont even notice it. After a year, I use it as an advantage, I get my target, start my pull, re-adjust if the need arises,and contiune with my pull and fire.

Old 12-31-2010, 07:17 AM   #13

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
Marlin model 60. The tube magazine is easier/faster to load than a clip plus it's more accurate than an out of the box Ruger.

Yeah, I said clip. GET OVER IT.
WEll..Being I have several mags for my 10-22's I can't see how anyone could possibly pull that tube out and reload faster than I can drop one out and put another one in. Mags are cheap. I have owned Marlins and Rugers O' plenty. Some better than others.

Either of those rifles will not let you down. Check them both out nad see what feels best to you. I like the 10-22 a little more myself because there are just so many ways to rebuild them as you see fit. But if it's just an out of the box rifle either one will suit your needs just fine. Used shops, pawn shops have tons of them cheap. Find one that's not too beat up and you have a quality rifle for not much cash at all. And truth be told it's pretty hard to shoot one out.I mean...I have one here that has had untold thousands of rounds though it. I don't clean it a whole lot because it shoots better with a few rounds through it. And I put it up against some much more expensive rifles and it keeps up just fine.

The Marlins have stood the test of time. Same deal as the Ruger. You don't have near the aftermarket opportunities as you will with the Ruger but you can not find much if anything to complain about with it either. I have a couple older Marlins/Glenfields here and they shoot a well now as they ever did. I like the older Glenfield stocks though. They are not as plain. There are aftermarket stocks for the Marlin. Just not as many as with the Ruger.

Both will shoot out of the box just fine. Clean and lube it before you shoot it. It's just a good thing to do new or used. Other than that feed it and clean em every once and a while and they will give you years of fun.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 01-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #14

Likes Given: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
WEll..Being I have several mags for my 10-22's I can't see how anyone could possibly pull that tube out and reload faster than I can drop one out and put another one in.
Do you buy the mags pre-loaded? I think his point was that one can load a tube faster and easier than loading magazines. Sure you can sit at home and load them up, but you still have to spend the time loading them. Then you have the issue with thumbing the rounds in, either with or without a mechanical aid.

Even my henchmen think I'm crazy,
I'm not surprised that you agree.

"Courage is being scared to death… and saddling up anyway." - John Wayne.

Last edited by DocWard; 01-01-2011 at 02:56 PM.

Old 01-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #15

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 62

Default .22 rifle, which 1?

I enjoy the 60 and the 10-22, price @ 189.00 for the ruger and 139.00 for the 60 makes it a good choice of either. I like 60 for better accuracy, longer and like the 10-22 for "wasting" ammo, can definitely drop a clip and load another faster than tube feeding a rifle but, after shooting several of those hotlip 25rd mags., if the rifle isn't getting jam's ever so often, it will be by then. Just a fact, use clean burning .22cal ammo, it's worth the 1 or 2cents more a round, 60 or 10-22, I can shoot up a brick just as fast with both