Accuracy Question
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Accuracy Question

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Accuracy Question

What rifle holds the title for accuracy? Anshutz 54 and derivatives, Remingtons famous 40X, Winchester 52's or some other perhaps a full race volqortsen 10/22. What do you all think?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-08-2007, 06:37 AM   #2

Most accurate .22 I ever had was a Remington 722(?) with the tubular magazine. 10 shots at 100 measured yards could be covered by a dime. Yea, it did have a decent scope.

Gun Control is a MUST! If you cannot control your gun get one you CAN!

Old 07-10-2007, 06:10 AM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ask yourself this: If you went to the olympics and had one string of fire to represent your country what would you shoot?

I suspect that the same question gets asked every 4 years, and the answer is mostly the Anshultz, with a sprinkling of TOZ, Norinco, Walther and a few assorted others.

The 10/22, even with $5000 in mods? I suspect there's a reason I've never heard of one in the free rifle event.
And I'm sure it's been decades since anything wearing a Remingtom mark appeared there.

"Those who have long enjoyed privileges as we enjoy, forget, in time, that men have died to win them."

Franklin D. Roosvelt

Old 10-24-2008, 04:52 AM   #4

I'd have to say the East German Suhl 150 will shoot with the best of them.

This is my factory barrel Suhl in a bencherst stock with a hoehn tuner. The factory trigger is set at 2oz.

Here's a few of the better groups it has shot.

Old 11-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #5

Default accurate 22

As a newbe here I won't overstep my bounds, but I have a couple Anschutz 54's, a Remington 37, 40x ,Walther KKM, BSA MK3 , plus a Winnie 52D , and I have found that the most single contributing factor to the best accuracy is "THE AMMO" and the ability to tune the so so ammo. At one of our local small bore matches we all have to shoot Wolf taget with the same lot purchased on site. I have a couple of Hoen tuners on my rifles ,but I like to shoot at these matches without one. I have seen CZ, Anschutz,Cooper, BSA,Winchester,Suhl,Time Precision,Walther,and Remington win at this level with the given ammo. As you see by the above list I also collect target rifles, and enjoy the sport . 4570sharpshooter