99m1

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 99m1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2008, 07:01 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 99m1

I recently acquired a Marlin model 99M1 and it will not load, I am looking for a manual and any knowledge about this piece, cannot find any info and it has sentamental value so I would like to restore it so I can pass it on to my son

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-23-2008, 01:06 AM   #2

can you tell us the exact problem? it wont load as in you can get the magazine in, or when you go and cock it, it wont pull back and subsequently it wont load the bullet into the chamber?

Guns cause crime, like flies cause garbage

Old 12-23-2008, 01:09 AM   #3

actually i just found a thread in this forum just like yours--

and im quoting user c3shooter "Suggest you contact marlin- (marlingun.com) and see if they have a manual. Common problems to rimfires are: Action is cruddy and needs cleaning (22 RF ammo is pretty dirty) OR: Gun has been dry fired too much, and pin has put a burr on mouth of chamber (sign is a scratch mark on side of case when extracting) IF that is the problem, DO NOT REMOVE THE BURR- but I can tell you how to fix it- easily."

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=56136

no after action report was filed by the original poster, so i do not know what he did...

Guns cause crime, like flies cause garbage

Old 12-31-2008, 02:00 AM   #4

I have a 99m1. Mine is tube fed. If yours is the same the lifter ( not sure thats the proper term) could be dirty and that is causing your problem. When I first got mine it fed unreliably until I fully disassembled and cleaned it. Now it runs fine. By the way it really likes CCI minimags.