525 rounds for $70? - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 525 rounds for $70?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2013, 03:32 AM   #51
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
beastmode986's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: California
Posts: 967
Liked 158 Times on 111 Posts
Likes Given: 171

Default

I was at gat guns this weekend, they had at least 3000 rounds of .223 and 7.62x39 and even more of 7.62x54r. Guns were still somewhat cheap and they had a ton of 45 and 40.

__________________
beastmode986 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:51 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 789
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastmode986
I was at gat guns this weekend, they had at least 3000 rounds of .223 and 7.62x39 and even more of 7.62x54r. Guns were still somewhat cheap and they had a ton of 45 and 40.
Where is this place!?
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:53 AM   #53
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 789
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

I stopped by Moss Pawn and Gun in Jonesboro Georgia. They had their "buy em before the ban sign up". They were pretty well off with ammo. Best of all, I got to speak with Barry himself. He said he's not concerned with the whole political thing. Anybody watch their channel? It was cool meeting them.

__________________
RustyShackleford101 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:45 AM   #54
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 820
Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 View Post
I stopped by Moss Pawn and Gun in Jonesboro Georgia. They had their "buy em before the ban sign up". They were pretty well off with ammo. Best of all, I got to speak with Barry himself. He said he's not concerned with the whole political thing. Anybody watch their channel? It was cool meeting them.
I'm subscribed to their channel, cool guys...
__________________
95sniper is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:34 PM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
qwiksdraw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 366
Liked 126 Times on 90 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizord1 View Post
Are you sure it had a 2 and 4 on the price sticker?
I had to look at it several times, wipe my eyes, take a drink of water, pinch myself and slap my face....three times...just to make sure I wasn't seeing things.

A brick...525 rounds...$249.95.
__________________
qwiksdraw is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #56
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
davva360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 408
Liked 166 Times on 98 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

I saw a box of 525 Remington 22 Golden Bullet for $249. I have a box I paid about $17 for last September.

As I said in other threads. Until people stop buying at these ridiculous prices and stop hoarding every single round they can pick up the high prices will continue. I wont pay over the top prices even though it has meant drastically reducing the amount I shoot.

__________________
davva360 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #57
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 22
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Prices

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyShackleford101 View Post
That ain't bad. I think stuff is bucking up.
This morning Walmart had lots of 40 JHP Winchester no 22lr no 9mm
lots of I think it is 7.62x39??? Anyway the 7.62 load that came in went next to yesterdays unsold load of the same ones! Manager commented that 270 and 7.62 were starting to stock back to normal shelf displays without being sold on arrival. I pass by one or 2 Walmarts a day so if it is in the mornings I just stop quick and talk to the manager or who ever is opening the boxes.
Looks like if you have a 40 there is no need to buy tons unless you are saving for a "rainy day"
Here in south Florida it has changed quite a bit from a month ago. I am going to research rifles soon and buy something other than the AR's I have maybe a 308
My kids have 30-06's and 30-30's
For me weekend range shooting was always 9mm mostly and less 22lr and 380 so I will continue to buy at REGULAR prices only! No way I would pay more than normal prices since it has not been hard to purchase the last few weeks.
__________________
scarletma is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:28 AM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 789
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletma

This morning Walmart had lots of 40 JHP Winchester no 22lr no 9mm
lots of I think it is 7.62x39??? Anyway the 7.62 load that came in went next to yesterdays unsold load of the same ones! Manager commented that 270 and 7.62 were starting to stock back to normal shelf displays without being sold on arrival. I pass by one or 2 Walmarts a day so if it is in the mornings I just stop quick and talk to the manager or who ever is opening the boxes.
Looks like if you have a 40 there is no need to buy tons unless you are saving for a "rainy day"
Here in south Florida it has changed quite a bit from a month ago. I am going to research rifles soon and buy something other than the AR's I have maybe a 308
My kids have 30-06's and 30-30's
For me weekend range shooting was always 9mm mostly and less 22lr and 380 so I will continue to buy at REGULAR prices only! No way I would pay more than normal prices since it has not been hard to purchase the last few weeks.
The LGS's are where it's at. They usually have not raised price much at all. ( this is generally speaking, of course). I've definitely noticed that all the big places like cabellas, gander, impact guns, etc are gouging prices.
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 05:47 AM   #59
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
tCan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wake, NC
Posts: 1,134
Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 86

Default

OMG! I'm about sick of people calling it gouging. If it's selling it's not gouging. There's no such thing as across the board price gouging. Gouging implies that the price doesn't reflect the supply and demand for an item. You can only gouge by misrepresenting the value or demand for an item. Neither is occurring. And as a matter of fact, ammo is being sold BELOW the market value. Do you know how I know that? Because despite the huge jump in price, the shelves are empty. No person in their right mind would operate a business in such a manner that they've got nothing to sell.

We've got potentially hundreds of thousands of new gun owners out there. You guys should be jumping for joy not pissing and moaning about having to pay a few dollars more for ammo.

__________________
[Remington 870 12GA][Stoeger Model 3500 12GA][Savage 116 .30-06][Savage Model 10 Bull Barrel .223][Marlin 336SS .30-30][Marlin 39A .22][Marlin 795 22LR][Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm][Ruger MkIII 22LR]

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Last edited by tCan; 03-19-2013 at 05:50 AM.
tCan is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:49 PM   #60
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RustyShackleford101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 789
Liked 80 Times on 67 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tCan
OMG! I'm about sick of people calling it gouging. If it's selling it's not gouging. There's no such thing as across the board price gouging. Gouging implies that the price doesn't reflect the supply and demand for an item. You can only gouge by misrepresenting the value or demand for an item. Neither is occurring. And as a matter of fact, ammo is being sold BELOW the market value. Do you know how I know that? Because despite the huge jump in price, the shelves are empty. No person in their right mind would operate a business in such a manner that they've got nothing to sell.

We've got potentially hundreds of thousands of new gun owners out there. You guys should be jumping for joy not pissing and moaning about having to pay a few dollars more for ammo.
Sorry, you're right, gouging was when people were selling cases of water for 30 dollars during Katrina. I guess I should've said "raised prices".
__________________
RustyShackleford101 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
looking for 30-06 rounds GillyTheKid Ammunition & Reloading 6 03-28-2013 04:45 PM
How many rounds will the AK take...... theunsuspecting AK & SKS Discussion 13 09-10-2012 05:21 PM
How many rounds? BeyondTheBox The Club House 12 01-04-2012 07:45 AM
Only 14,000 rounds ? MobileMarine The Club House 6 09-10-2011 06:04 PM
i have these old .22.lr rounds sgtdeath66 Ammunition & Reloading 6 12-21-2008 10:40 PM