Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   .32 Rimfire ammo? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/32-rimfire-ammo-4407/)

spittinfire 05-10-2008 04:18 AM

.32 Rimfire ammo?

Hey Guys, My grandfather has a .32 rimfire rifle that belonged to my great grandfather. My grandfather was able to find some ammo for it a number of years ago but hasn't been able to find anything in recent years. I did some research on the rifle and found that it was made in the 1880's if I remember correctly which matched the point in his life that my great grandfather bought it. Anyway, it doesn't get used for anything but it has been maintained and every once in a while we like to get it out and squeeze off a few rounds. Does anyone know where we can get some? I've looked online as well as at local shops with no luck. I'm starting to think I'm going to have to start hitting up the gun shows, swap meets and flea markets to find some. If you guys know of a source let me know. Thanks!

ScottG 05-10-2008 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spittinfire (Post 23657)
I've looked online as well as at local shops with no luck. I'm starting to think I'm going to have to start hitting up the gun shows, swap meets and flea markets to find some. If you guys know of a source let me know. Thanks!

That's probably your best bet. Old West Scrounger is a good source for obsolete ammo, but they don't have any right now. Navy Arms is said to have had it at one time, because they had a gun chambered for it. You can try contacting them and see if they still have any. NA now owns OWS, so maybe they don't. Here's a link to a website for a gunshop in Indiana. He seems to have some type available.

I did notice there is .32 rimfire available from Southern Ohio Gun, but it says it's for derringers. I have no idea if it would work in your rifle.

Good luck.

spittinfire 05-11-2008 03:51 AM

Thanks for the information, I'll have to check them out.

peacemaker 05-12-2008 04:50 AM

.32 Rf

Navy Arms in NJ. had it or has it. The owner died a few years ago but I still think it's around a good size company did much importing

2gun 05-13-2008 03:02 AM

Souther Ohio Gun Has some It is new mfg not cheap and you have to buy a certin amount. I have some here and I will figure out the cost of a single box + shipping if you want.

spittinfire 06-30-2008 12:33 PM

I would interested in a box or two depending on the price. Let me know. Thanks!

2gun 07-29-2008 04:18 PM

They would be $37.00 per box and what ever it cost to ship them via the post office

RielCanadianCowboy 08-27-2008 10:42 PM

Hey 2gun I would be interested in a bunch of that ammunition if you've still got some.

-HB

2gun 09-01-2008 04:14 PM

I have 5 Bx left and no other potential buyer's. I wouldn't mind keeping 1 or 2 Bx for pastarity. so 3 are available.

rww727 04-22-2009 07:11 PM

32 short rimfire

I also have an old Stevens 32 single shot taht belonged to my Great Grandfather. Do you still have any ammunition available or know where I can locate some?

Thanks