Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 2nd Monthly (TANGO) Shoot

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2009, 02:01 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 80 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Default 2nd Monthly (TANGO) Shoot

Have not shot yet this month. I got up as the sun was coming up this morning and low and behold, a good morning to go shoot. Weather-overcast, very slight breeze, nice and cool for now. Great weather here in the desert to go shoot.
Come on guys, lets get out there today and put some holes in some paper today.
Will post results (good or bad) later.

Jim..................

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-11-2009, 07:48 PM   #2

Well, I see no one has chimed in yet today. I went out about 8:00 am today and set-up my range. By the time I got it set-up, the cloud cover had gone. Had direct sun until I finished about 12:00 and the temp rose to 106 with no breeze. the best shooting rifle of the day wound-up being my Mossberg 144LSB. It was also the last one I shot (sunny and hot hot hot). Will be posting results shortly.

Jim...

Old 07-11-2009, 08:19 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterPsmith View Post
Well, I see no one has chimed in yet today. I went out about 8:00 am today and set-up my range. By the time I got it set-up, the cloud cover had gone. Had direct sun until I finished about 12:00 and the temp rose to 106 with no breeze. the best shooting rifle of the day wound-up being my Mossberg 144LSB. It was also the last one I shot (sunny and hot hot hot). Will be posting results shortly.

Jim...
Just saw your post.
Your holes and circles make it look like the moon. :P

But good job nonetheless.

S.S.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #4

Come on guys, it's halfway through the month and not many target postings yet. Lets get out and shoot. I would hate to see this FTF SHOOT die because of lack of participation. I know that I look forward to it each month, as it makes me feel that I belong to something and can get out and have a little fun each month. Lets stoke them .22s up and have a little fun in this otherwise disaster of a country we are living in. Let's not let this shoot die.

Jim.....................

Old 07-17-2009, 01:22 AM   #5

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Yes, I am a little disapointed at the turn out for these. It is not hard and most of the time fun. I think I am going to nix the inside out target that is too much ammo to be burning up at a target.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:40 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Well, I went to the range to shoot in a new 45XD, that was the one I said they put a hold on when it came in, well apparently they were just backed up, the background ck cleared yesterday, shot it in at 10/25/and 50yds, it fired 400 rounds with no problem, was real tight at first, but at the end, worked real smooth. Had no problems with it at all, real satisfied with it.

The instructions said the sights were set at the factory course sight picture and it would go where you wanted it to, also said it would shoot low with a fine sight picture, tried both ways and with course bead, it did hit where your sight picture was, and hit low with a fine bead. Got another one to fire in in about 4 weels, that is the free XD45 from Front Sight that they are sending,These are the first new weapons that I have ever bought, the rest were already fired in.

Layton

Old 07-17-2009, 03:23 AM   #7

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by layton View Post
Well, I went to the range to shoot in a new 45XD, that was the one I said they put a hold on when it came in, well apparently they were just backed up, the background ck cleared yesterday, shot it in at 10/25/and 50yds, it fired 400 rounds with no problem, was real tight at first, but at the end, worked real smooth. Had no problems with it at all, real satisfied with it.

The instructions said the sights were set at the factory course sight picture and it would go where you wanted it to, also said it would shoot low with a fine sight picture, tried both ways and with course bead, it did hit where your sight picture was, and hit low with a fine bead. Got another one to fire in in about 4 weels, that is the free XD45 from Front Sight that they are sending,These are the first new weapons that I have ever bought, the rest were already fired in.

Layton
Springfield is making .45 rimfires? There is a range report section.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 07-17-2009, 02:48 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpttango30 View Post
Yes, I am a little disapointed at the turn out for these. It is not hard and most of the time fun. I think I am going to nix the inside out target that is too much ammo to be burning up at a target.
It is also one difficult target, those little squares @ 50 yards are decieving little buggers.

Jim.................