22lr dedicated AR build - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 22lr dedicated AR build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2014, 10:57 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 294 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 325

Was looking at stocks today. Outside the box, comes to mind in what I'm after. Lightweight, decent ergonomics and lastly price. Here is the short list so far let me know what you'll think....

http://riflestocks.com/store/product36.html

http://www.missionfirsttactical.com/Products/Battlelink-stocks/BATTLELINK-Utility-Stock_5

http://www.taccom3g.com/site/a9e2c1e3d1f942138d726b7ec5a8d98f/default?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftaccom3g.com%2FULW_BUTT_S TOCK.html

Kind of leaning toward the battlelink minimalist. Its adjustable for length of pull. The Ace is running #2 since it side folds. Nice thing about a 22, the buffer tube isnt needed as functional. I may buy the side folder hardware from Ace and put a minimalist on it for the best of both worlds.

Let me know what y'all think....

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."
-- Rush Limbaugh, in a moment of unaccustomed profundity

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"
-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

"MOLON LABE" - Come and get them, can't be any plainer than that!

Last edited by dwmiller; 06-05-2014 at 11:10 PM.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:32 PM   #12

UPicture updates

The sand color lower is the Omni. The billet pistol lower is another of mine for comparison. Weight on the omni is 1lbs 7 oz. , weight of pistol is 1 lbs 13 oz. This is with a buffer in the omni that it won't have in the final build. Weight without buffer is only 1 lbs 4 oz!

Sand is the base color for a three color camo scheme. So all the plastic and metal is getting shot in it. All paintwork is duracoat, shot by yours truely. I refuse to paint over the carbon fiber though! Personal tastes, but I like it just the way it is. Color fill on the omni logo is white, and will need touched up again as more camo layers are added....

Trigger weight came down to 4 lbs with a half hour of work with diamond hones, and is now smooth. I feel pretty good about the way the build is going so far.

I know I'm missing the castle nut. But if I go with the side fold setup its built onto the mechanism. The magpul single point is also still up in the air. It was in the parts drawer, and free is always good, just don't know if it will work with the side folder arrangment..

1402407044899.jpg  

"You know why there's a Second Amendment? In case the government fails to follow the first one."

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

Last edited by dwmiller; 06-10-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Old 06-10-2014, 01:46 PM   #13

Original shot of omni in magpul moe furniture, before paint. For some reason I can't edit it into the original post so here it is as promised.

1402407956261.jpg  

Last edited by dwmiller; 06-10-2014 at 08:34 PM.

Old 06-12-2014, 01:31 AM   #14

Just got off the phone with customer support at PSA. Wrong zip on the order. They were 100% professional about it. No blame throwing, probably my fault anyway, just get it going to correct address. Kudo's to the PSA staff. Nice people to deal with...

Old 06-17-2014, 12:59 AM   #15

Well I received half of my PSA order this weekend. Nope none of the parts for this build, but I'm getting ahead on the 300 blackout pistol rebuild. The "other" parts are shipping from PSA's other warehouse. This included my 22 conversion kit, black dog mag and all the 22 ammo......

I did get the order placed for my Taccom barrel. I ordered it threaded 1/2-28 so I'm looking for the right comp for this build. Also placed the order for the folding stock hardware. Pics when the parts come in.

Last edited by dwmiller; 06-18-2014 at 12:52 AM.

Old 06-17-2014, 01:03 AM   #16

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts

how about: "If we even THINK you're trying to confiscate guns, we'll come get YOU FIRST. We know where you work, what you drive, what clothes you wear".

Old 06-17-2014, 01:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by uanda View Post
how about: "If we even THINK you're trying to confiscate guns, we'll come get YOU FIRST. We know where you work, what you drive, what clothes you wear".
?!? I think you miss posted to the wrong topic, even though I agree with the sentiment...

Last edited by dwmiller; 06-17-2014 at 01:32 PM.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:38 AM   #18

Update: My folding stock adapter came in this weekend while i was home. So here goes a mini-build on the side folder and what I had to do to make it work the way I wanted...

Here is the side folder that I got from http://usmachinegun.com/

If you are going to order one make sure you get the one that screws into an AR lower and has AR buffer tube threads. They have a bunch of others to fit other guns....

Last edited by dwmiller; 06-24-2014 at 02:55 AM.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:41 AM   #19

Mechanism, It didn't work with my original Magpul eggplate so a quick trip through my parts drawer and this cheap import ambi one seems to work well. Index notch had to be removed to make it fold to the right side like I wanted. The adapter only has one slot cut, and if you use it the stock folds to the left side of the receiver. So a couple minutes with a dremel tool and a sanding drum did the job and now I can set up a right side folder....

File Type: jpg 1403574067490.jpg (30.2 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140621_112327_674.jpg (29.7 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140621_114224_951.jpg (26.8 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by dwmiller; 06-24-2014 at 02:59 AM.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:59 AM   #20

Egg plate attached to the folder mechanism. And the mechanism and buffer tube attached to the lower. Screw mechanism into the lower and level so it folds squarely. Also reverse the castle nut so its easier to get the AR Wrench onto the castle nut. I fixed it in position with a shot of blue locktight since I can't stake it onto the plastic receiver this way. The buffer tube screws in and is retained by an allen lock bolt.

File Type: jpg 1403575146946.jpg (30.0 KB, 45 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140621_121601_436.jpg (30.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20140621_121156_388.jpg (31.6 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by dwmiller; 06-24-2014 at 02:44 AM.