Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > .22 WMR vs. .17 HMR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 17 rimfire

So my roommate bought a MARLIN 17 V BOLT-ACTION RIMFIRE RIFLE for $225 and so I decided to follow him and get a .17 for myself. I must have read a novel worth of material on all the .17s out there before finally landing on one. After reading on all of the differences and problems with all the guns I decided on Model 93R17BTVS with AccuTrigger for around $320. It has one of the best grips for a gun I have ever held. The main reason I spent the extra money on it was because of 2 things, one being the stock and second was the trigger pull. To get the after market equivalent of the savage for the marlin you would need to spend about $80. So It seemed to be the right move to get the stock and trigger I wanted right off the bat rather and piecing it together. And so far we both kill about the same amount of animals but he would really like it if he had the same trigger.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:29 PM   #22
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default 17 hmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnthmn2004 View Post
I'm goin with the 17HMR.
So my roommate bought a MARLIN 17 V BOLT-ACTION RIMFIRE RIFLE for $225 and so I decided to follow him and get a .17 for myself. I must have read a novel worth of material on all the .17s out there before finally landing on one. After reading on all of the differences and problems with all the guns I decided on Model 93R17BTVS with AccuTrigger for around $320. It has one of the best grips for a gun I have ever held. The main reason I spent the extra money on it was because of 2 things, one being the stock and second was the trigger pull. To get the after market equivalent of the savage for the marlin you would need to spend about $80. So It seemed to be the right move to get the stock and trigger I wanted right off the bat rather and piecing it together. And so far we both kill about the same amount of animals but he would really like it if he had the same trigger.