.22 WMR Rifles? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

.22 WMR Rifles?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 01:38 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Nice suggestions, pretty impressed by the CZ, the Henry looks good too. Just a thought but do they make any AR Platforms in .22WMR? That would be pretty neat. I did find a Savage locally that was really nice, the price was good too at about 279.99. Don't know much about Savage quality but it was a very sturdy bolt action with an adjustable trigger pull 2-5 lbs. Once again thanks for the feedback.

Old 12-01-2011, 01:46 AM   #12

Liked 71 Times on 38 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBMOAMP2691 View Post
Just a thought but do they make any AR Platforms in .22WMR?
I wish! That would be the ultimate prairie dog killer! I don't believe anyone makes one yet.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:25 PM   #13

Liked 190 Times on 151 Posts
Likes Given: 120

The closest thing to a 22magnum AR platform would be the S&W Tactical 22LR. They unfortunately don't make a magnum model at this time. HOWEVER, if you want something a little more powerful, have you looked at, or handled a "new" Hi-Point Tactical Carbine in 9mm. I have one and those things are a hoot, and 9mm isn't much more expensive than 22magnum shells.
Those Savage rifles are cost efficient, but highly accurate. I have a Savage Axis, but in 22LR with a Bushnell Banner 4-16x40AO, lighted reticle and with fast focus eye and it's one of my squirrel/groundhog getters.
Del

Old 12-01-2011, 03:47 PM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 5

If you want a single shot in-expensive, accurate rifle look at the H&R 's . That is, if you can do it in one shot. You can also get accessory barrels in other calibers- the rim fires use one receiver, 22, 22 mag, 17 and the centerfires use another. H&R Sportster Rifles
All persons present in uniform should render the military salute. Members of the armed forces and veterans who are present but not in uniform may render the military salute. All other persons present should face the flag and stand at attention with their right hand over the heart, or if applicable, remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart.

Old 12-01-2011, 03:51 PM   #15

Liked 863 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWBMOAMP2691
Nice suggestions, pretty impressed by the CZ, the Henry looks good too. Just a thought but do they make any AR Platforms in .22WMR? That would be pretty neat. I did find a Savage locally that was really nice, the price was good too at about 279.99. Don't know much about Savage quality but it was a very sturdy bolt action with an adjustable trigger pull 2-5 lbs. Once again thanks for the feedback.
Savages are good guns but new marlins do the sane w the trigger and they have better warranties. Plus they are usually about the same price.

Old 12-02-2011, 01:43 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Savages are good guns but new marlins do the sane w the trigger and they have better warranties. Plus they are usually about the same price.
Marlinman, not to get far off the subject, but where is the Marlin 22lr, 22wmr and 17hmr now made? I know Remington has control/makes the centerfires and they've really messed them up. How about the rimfire's? Is the fit/finish quality top notch like they used to be?
Del

Old 12-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triumphman

Marlinman, not to get far off the subject, but where is the Marlin 22lr, 22wmr and 17hmr now made? I know Remington has control/makes the centerfires and they've really messed them up. How about the rimfire's? Is the fit/finish quality top notch like they used to be?
Del
Remington has NOTHING to do with marlins guns. And they are made in NC. The fit and finish is great. The center fires are awesomely made now.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:26 PM   #18

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

I found an old Marlin model 783 bolt action that I really like. I see them on gunbroker all the time. The newer Marlins and Savages are some pretty good ones and probably a lot easier to come by.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:55 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie
I found an old Marlin model 783 bolt action that I really like. I see them on gunbroker all the time. The newer Marlins and Savages are some pretty good ones and probably a lot easier to come by.
Then buy the 783

Old 12-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
Remington has NOTHING to do with marlins guns. And they are made in NC. The fit and finish is great. The center fires are awesomely made now.
I'm sorry Marlinman, BUT Freedom Group bought out Remington, Marlin, Bushmaster and probably other gun manufacturers. Marlin, at least the Lever Actions, went to Illion, Ny in 2008 to the Remington plant from the New Haven plant which closed it's doors in 2010, and last I knew anything above a 22 rimfire(not 22 hornet) is a centerfire. Remington DOES own(round about way) and have control of all models of Marlin which was given to them by the Freedom Group. Remington is now putting THEIR BARREL STAMP on Marlins, or at least the lever action centerfires. You're right on some account, which I learned just recently, is that some of the rifles are built in Kentucky or N.C. plant(don't know which State), but I don't know which models, be they, the rimfire models or also some of the bolt action centerfires. I don't own a bolt action or rimfire Marlin, which was why I was asking about their quality as I like Marlin and hope to get one of the new models in the future.
Del