.22 targets for fun - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

.22 targets for fun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 01:22 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 10745 Times on 4648 Posts
Likes Given: 1755

Ideal 22 target- cheap, readily available, safe to shoot at, fun, and BIODEGRADABLE- No cleanup required- Try our old friend- the Ritz Cracker! Right size for 25-50 yds, duct tape to a thread and hang, instant feedback when you hit- and if you get the munchies while shooting..... and birds will clean up the crumbs. Now, when you start wingshooting with a shotgun......

Old 06-05-2008, 01:33 AM   #22

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I shoot just about any trash we have at the time. Basically when something wears out or breaks at my house, it gets demoted to rifle target. I do use paper targets for sighting in but then use old heaters, mowers, buckets, 2 liter bottles full of water. I shot a full pepsi can once with my sks and it blew it in half. If i shoot anything metal, i gets hauled to the scrapyard after that. Don't worry guys my family owns a lot of land and we shoot in our own private valley (150 acre farm), I'm very safety attentive. We also clean up our messes when were done. ALWAYS RECYCLE!! LOL

Old 06-05-2008, 01:44 AM   #23

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts

Never thought of Ritz crackers. Necco wafers also make very fun colorfull targets that produce smoke when shot. Biodegradable as well not sure if birds like them but I am sure you could lure some trash gut starlings to pop off.

If you can find some plastic (Hard plastic) or glass colored balls set them out at 50 or 100 yards and shoot away. We would use them for target pratice with our varmint rifles as they were about the size of squirrel head and vitals.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:51 AM   #24

i usually go to our local bowling alley and pick up used bowling pins for a couple bucks a pop then dig the slugs out after with different kinds of ammo. cheap target
cans are always fun especially the dollar tree sodas shakin up and explode on impact.

Old 06-05-2008, 02:51 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am a paper plate guy, buy a couple of hundred of the cheapest available and use one of those bullet stick ons in the center. staple them up to any old piece of wood and have a ball. Some time with a friend we play jump the can, seeing who can move a can the farthest with a cylinder or clip full. Always dispose of things that won;t rot away in a couple of days properly.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:59 AM   #26

I shoot fruit and veggies at a mates place, he gets the bad stuff from the local grocery store. Potatoes are great!! he's always got a few bags of 'em. we hammer six inch nails a little way into wooden fence posts and just push the potatoes or whatever on. they really blow if u hit it right with a hollow point!!

also shoot clay targets lying against a dirt wall, and often just anything we can find.

LOVE the fly shooting idea Jay!!!

To secure peace is to prepare for war - Mettalica

IF YOU KNOW HOW MANY GUNS YOU HAVE...... YOU DONT HAVE ENOUGH!!!!!

Old 11-25-2008, 04:32 AM   #27

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

deltaforce.com has some small explosive targets to shoot at not quite sure the price but thay r legal everywhere and who doesnt like a nice boom to let them know the job got done

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-25-2008, 04:33 AM   #28

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
get a 3' 2x4.....
drill 1/8" holes in the 3.5" side every 2"
put golf tees in the holes
put paintballs on the tees
shoot the paint balls
then shoot the tees

when you get tired of that..... take a small container of sugar water, and spread it on the paper targets...... after a few minutes, you can shoot the flies.

.22 targets for fun - .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion
thats awsome ive never thought about flys, im gunna have to try that in the spring......spring time cant wait

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- Dr. Johnson

"..it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds.." - Samuel Adams

your my best friend but if the zombies start chasing us im tripping you

Old 11-28-2008, 03:19 AM   #29

Liked 23 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 90

i like the idea of ritz crackers but on a range it dosnt take long to shoot them up go to www. remington .com and down load and print what you need want to recover the bullet use a phone book

Old 11-28-2008, 04:46 PM   #30

Something i have always liked is CHARCOALB RICKETTES, they explode into a cloud of dust and they are cheap fun and biodegradable.
If you are a good shoot you can get a bag of PEANUTS and shoot them, the are biodegradable and birds love them.

Last edited by The Swede; 11-29-2008 at 07:30 AM.