Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Which .22 target pistol to buy?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 02:40 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boise,Idaho
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
My vote will be for the Mark II, Mark III, or the 22/45, although, they are real bastards to take apart and clean. I just finished cleaning 3 Ruger 22s for customers and you almost need three hands to put them back together.
That's my understanding, which is one of the factors in my decision to get the Browning.
__________________
Rman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hunter Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,413
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rman View Post
That's my understanding, which is one of the factors in my decision to get the Browning.
I also work on the Browning Buck Marks and although they are easier to clean the integrity of the internal parts are of a lesser quality than that of Ruger. Furthermore, from time to time I have to re-glue external parts back on the Brownings. Lots of plastic on the Browning and not even half the quality firearm as the Ruger, in my opinion. Hunter Joe
__________________

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

hunter Joe is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:16 AM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boise,Idaho
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
I also work on the Browning Buck Marks and although they are easier to clean the integrity of the internal parts are of a lesser quality than that of Ruger. Furthermore, from time to time I have to re-glue external parts back on the Brownings. Lots of plastic on the Browning and not even half the quality firearm as the Ruger, in my opinion. Hunter Joe
On a related note -- how often do you recommend taking apart the Browning? Every 3-4 shooting outings?
__________________
Rman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
hunter Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,413
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rman View Post
On a related note -- how often do you recommend taking apart the Browning? Every 3-4 shooting outings?
It all depends on how many rounds you shoot and how anal you are. I pretty much wait until the firearms doesn't cycle or there's a bunch of black crap in the action. If it is not cycling properly, it time for a good scrubbing and some light earl, not too heavy on the earl.
__________________

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

hunter Joe is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #35
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boise,Idaho
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
It all depends on how many rounds you shoot and how anal you are. I pretty much wait until the firearms doesn't cycle or there's a bunch of black crap in the action. If it is not cycling properly, it time for a good scrubbing and some light earl, not too heavy on the earl.
Ok, thanks. Appreciate the advice.
__________________
Rman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #36
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 5
Default

Ruger mark 3 is probaly my favorite semi pistol. My friend killed a bobcat with it at 55 yards.

__________________
hunting freak is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #37
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 13
Default

i would go with a mark III i have one
its very accurate i killed a bobcat with it 3 nights ago at 55 yards i hit it good it only ran about 8 yards and was suckin for air so i shot it again in the head

__________________
gun nuts is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #38
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Stafford, Virginia,The state of insanity.
Posts: 14,043
Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunting freak View Post
Ruger mark 3 is probaly my favorite semi pistol. My friend killed a bobcat with it at 55 yards.
Proof we need proof.
__________________
cpttango30 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Rman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Boise,Idaho
Posts: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun nuts View Post
i would go with a mark III i have one
its very accurate i killed a bobcat with it 3 nights ago at 55 yards i hit it good it only ran about 8 yards and was suckin for air so i shot it again in the head
Wow! Now that's what I call accuracy!

A friend of mine has about 4 or 5 Mark IIs -- he's collecting the various models over the years. He says, like some folks, that the trigger pulls are more "crisp" than those on the Mark III.

What's your opinion?
__________________
Rman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #40
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 260
Default ruger

I have 3 mark ones used two in compitition.get an american gun,the histandard is a great gun I have a super matic.BUT they are no longer made
the real ones.other wise get a S&W 41 they still make them.I have no real trouble puting the rugers together,but I dont wear them out taking them apart.I shoot the whole season without breaking them down.

__________________
WILDCATT is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Remedial Target SHOOTER13 General Handgun Discussion 4 02-24-2009 09:42 PM
Question About Turbiaux Le Protector, Minneapolis Palm Pistol, Ames Palm Pistol CarolynB General Handgun Discussion 0 01-03-2009 02:16 AM
Target holders? cbw The Club House 11 10-18-2008 04:13 PM
Target Pistol Shooting bluesnake General Handgun Discussion 2 08-19-2008 09:37 PM