Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > Which .22 target pistol to buy?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 02:40 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter Joe View Post
My vote will be for the Mark II, Mark III, or the 22/45, although, they are real bastards to take apart and clean. I just finished cleaning 3 Ruger 22s for customers and you almost need three hands to put them back together.
That's my understanding, which is one of the factors in my decision to get the Browning.

Old 06-01-2009, 01:04 PM   #32

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rman View Post
That's my understanding, which is one of the factors in my decision to get the Browning.
I also work on the Browning Buck Marks and although they are easier to clean the integrity of the internal parts are of a lesser quality than that of Ruger. Furthermore, from time to time I have to re-glue external parts back on the Brownings. Lots of plastic on the Browning and not even half the quality firearm as the Ruger, in my opinion. Hunter Joe

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:16 AM   #33

Quote:
I also work on the Browning Buck Marks and although they are easier to clean the integrity of the internal parts are of a lesser quality than that of Ruger. Furthermore, from time to time I have to re-glue external parts back on the Brownings. Lots of plastic on the Browning and not even half the quality firearm as the Ruger, in my opinion. Hunter Joe
On a related note -- how often do you recommend taking apart the Browning? Every 3-4 shooting outings?

Old 06-02-2009, 08:59 PM   #34

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rman View Post
On a related note -- how often do you recommend taking apart the Browning? Every 3-4 shooting outings?
It all depends on how many rounds you shoot and how anal you are. I pretty much wait until the firearms doesn't cycle or there's a bunch of black crap in the action. If it is not cycling properly, it time for a good scrubbing and some light earl, not too heavy on the earl.

God, Family, Guns, in that order.

Old 06-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #35

Quote:
It all depends on how many rounds you shoot and how anal you are. I pretty much wait until the firearms doesn't cycle or there's a bunch of black crap in the action. If it is not cycling properly, it time for a good scrubbing and some light earl, not too heavy on the earl.
Ok, thanks. Appreciate the advice.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:32 PM   #36

Ruger mark 3 is probaly my favorite semi pistol. My friend killed a bobcat with it at 55 yards.

Old 06-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #37

i would go with a mark III i have one
its very accurate i killed a bobcat with it 3 nights ago at 55 yards i hit it good it only ran about 8 yards and was suckin for air so i shot it again in the head

Old 06-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #38

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunting freak View Post
Ruger mark 3 is probaly my favorite semi pistol. My friend killed a bobcat with it at 55 yards.
Proof we need proof.

Old 06-12-2009, 11:52 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun nuts View Post
i would go with a mark III i have one
its very accurate i killed a bobcat with it 3 nights ago at 55 yards i hit it good it only ran about 8 yards and was suckin for air so i shot it again in the head
Wow! Now that's what I call accuracy!

A friend of mine has about 4 or 5 Mark IIs -- he's collecting the various models over the years. He says, like some folks, that the trigger pulls are more "crisp" than those on the Mark III.

What's your opinion?

Old 06-13-2009, 09:34 PM   #40

Default ruger

I have 3 mark ones used two in compitition.get an american gun,the histandard is a great gun I have a super matic.BUT they are no longer made
the real ones.other wise get a S&W 41 they still make them.I have no real trouble puting the rugers together,but I dont wear them out taking them apart.I shoot the whole season without breaking them down.