Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   .22 Shorts (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/22-shorts-82189/)

AR10 01-23-2013 01:44 AM

.22 Shorts
 
Growing tired of seeing no. 22 LR on the shelfs anymore, pretty much no ammo period, I noticed everybody has some .22 Shorts. I bought 300 rounds and started digging in my man cave. Came up with three guns that shoot shorts. Winchesters.

So maybe there is ammo to buy afterall.



Attachment 81085

cgersty 01-23-2013 02:08 AM

I bought some the other day to shoot out of my heritage rough rider, I was looking for 22mag but none to be had, I do have a healthy supply of 22lr though, but who knows what will happen gonna try and conserve it for squirrel hunting and such.

dalefan88 01-23-2013 09:16 AM

My sears model 25 shoots shorts. I bought 100 rounds of shorts but I can't get them to feed.

swampcrawler 01-24-2013 10:32 PM

Bought some CCI shorts the other day from Wally World. Thru my Remington pump, might as well have been throwing rocks. It'll settle down in a couple months.
G

Blueguns 01-25-2013 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10
Growing tired of seeing no. 22 LR on the shelfs anymore, pretty much no ammo period, I noticed everybody has some .22 Shorts. I bought 300 rounds and started digging in my man cave. Came up with three guns that shoot shorts. Winchesters.

So maybe there is ammo to buy afterall.

Model 62's? I love old Winchester pumps. My 61 shoots em. How are they working for you?

AR10 01-25-2013 02:05 AM

The nice thing about the shorts, is it goes off quiet, and stays quiet the whole trajectory. No sonic boom. I am frankly surprised they don't make everyone pay a class 3 tax stamp to buy the shorts.

AR10 01-25-2013 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueguns (Post 1109065)

Model 62's? I love old Winchester pumps. My 61 shoots em. How are they working for you?

I have two model 1890's , and a model 1906. Only one is marked for shorts, but they all feed them the same. One is marked Long and says nothing else.

One 1890 is a hex barrel with butt plate, tube, and other things chrome. She is s looker. I had that for sale in my gun store for years, sure glad no one picked that up.

Muliemaster 01-25-2013 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10 (Post 1109073)

I have two model 1890's , and a model 1906. Only one is marked for shorts, but they all feed them the same. One is marked Long and says nothing else.

One 1890 is a hex barrel with butt plate, tube, and other things chrome. She is s looker. I had that for sale in my gun store for years, sure glad no one picked that up.

Whats you gun shops name

AR10 01-25-2013 06:19 AM

Pass......

Muliemaster 01-25-2013 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10 (Post 1109302)
Pass......

Thats what I thought


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:22 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.