Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/)
-   -   .22 semi ammo? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f21/22-semi-ammo-52210/)

moneymaker17 11-21-2011 09:25 PM

.22 semi ammo?
 
best semi auto .22 ammo for my .597 it seems like it jams every now and then anyone have good ammo theyd like to share the name to????

Marlinman 11-21-2011 09:34 PM

Bulk 550 federals and any ccis should work. Mine didnt shoot stingers so well though it love the mini mag hps

HOSSFLY 11-21-2011 09:54 PM

If it wont shoot the CCI mini Mags you have anuther problem :rolleyes:

Marlinman 11-21-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY
If it wont shoot the CCI mini Mags you have anuther problem :rolleyes:

So very true. OP you might also try greasing the slide rails w bearing grease. It helped mine alot with that problem.

partdeux 11-22-2011 04:54 PM

My P22 is an extremely finicky eater. Blazer (non jacketed) is the only thing it will consisent eat. Federal bulk is the 2nd choice.

big shrek 11-23-2011 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux (Post 633578)
My P22 is an extremely finicky eater. Blazer (non jacketed) is the only thing it will consisent eat. Federal bulk is the 2nd choice.

Polish your bolt & rails and it'll work better :D

hardluk1 11-23-2011 01:35 PM

Are you shooting remington?? stop. You do have to try some brands to see what your rifle likes best buy mny shooter complane about remmy ammo. federal typicaly works good but with bulk box's it is some time buy and try. I shoot cci, federal 711b and wolf/sk for plinking ammo.

partdeux 11-23-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by big shrek (Post 634069)
Polish your bolt & rails and it'll work better :D

I polished the ramp and it made a big difference. I know the wings on the trigger are rubbing the slide, so I need to work on that. I'll look at polishing some more :)

moneymaker17 11-27-2011 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partdeux (Post 634240)
I polished the ramp and it made a big difference. I know the wings on the trigger are rubbing the slide, so I need to work on that. I'll look at polishing some more :)


what do you use to "polish it?

partdeux 11-28-2011 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moneymaker17 (Post 637554)
what do you use to "polish it?

dremel with some auto polishing compound and a pointy buffing wheel. Took my time used just a touch of compound and fairly slow speed.


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:16 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.