You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion >

22 long rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2011, 05:03 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSDFIREARMS1 View Post
I may be using too much oil may be a big part of my problem ill try ur break cleaner thanks
That will certainly shorten a range session. The two times I've been a little heavy with the oil I couldn't get 100 rounds though it. The first time I had no idea what was happening until I got home. The second time, I knew the minute it started feed poorly. It was still a rookie mistake and I should have caught it before I got to the range.

Old 12-31-2011, 07:29 AM   #12

K thank u very much

Old 12-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #13

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Buy some Break-Free CLP and a Bore Snake. Clean up after even really dirty 22 LR is pretty simple with those two items.

Old 12-31-2011, 04:54 PM   #14

Liked 1221 Times on 778 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

Whats the deal with everybody hatin' on Remington .22's?
My experience has been the opposite.... I buy the Remington golden bullet packs quite regularly.. Ive never had any more problems than shooting other "cheap" bulk pack ammo.. (I never buy the expensive stuff, dont see any reason to)
I would say I get less than 5 "duds" per 500 rds. no matter what brand I use...

I was comparing the Remington golden bullet bulk pack (555 ct) to the Federal bulk pack (550 ct) and found outta my guns the Federal had a additional 6" drop at 100 yds compared to the Rem. It seemed to me the Federal is "weak" and the Rem was more accurate at longer distances.

I tried this is both my Weatherby Mark XXII (older, semi-auto version) and my Winchester Model 63, and got pretty much the same results..

Old 12-31-2011, 05:51 PM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22401 Times on 12496 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

i use both the remington bulk pack and the federal bulk pack ammo in my marlin m60 and have had no problems with either. both function well, but in mine the remington ammo groups just a little better, but not much. so i usually buy whichever one is available or cheaper.

Old 12-31-2011, 05:54 PM   #16

Liked 1384 Times on 876 Posts
Likes Given: 813

i currently have on my shelf federal, remington, winchester, cci mini mags, cci blazer.. have not had the chance to try the cci stuff yet. but out of the rest. remington is by far the worst... its dirty, and much less accurate out of my rifles. my marlin bolt will still throw it okay so i can use it up. my savage semi, loves the winchester. and ive always been happy with the results the federal gives me out of all my rifles,
as far as duds, i would say they have all been about the same so far. probly 10 or less per bulk box.. and more times than not i'll twist the round and it will shoot out of my bolt rifle on a second attempt.

winchester is the cleanest of all of them as far as i can tell. but after a few hundred rounds. dirt is dirt.
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 12-31-2011, 06:19 PM   #17

Liked 1221 Times on 778 Posts
Likes Given: 1400

I guess the old sayin' applys for .22's too... Different strokes for different folks..

Old 12-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #18

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Whats the deal with everybody hatin' on Remington .22's?
My experience has been the opposite.... I buy the Remington golden bullet packs quite regularly.. Ive never had any more problems than shooting other "cheap" bulk pack ammo.. (I never buy the expensive stuff, dont see any reason to)
I would say I get less than 5 "duds" per 500 rds. no matter what brand I use...

I was comparing the Remington golden bullet bulk pack (555 ct) to the Federal bulk pack (550 ct) and found outta my guns the Federal had a additional 6" drop at 100 yds compared to the Rem. It seemed to me the Federal is "weak" and the Rem was more accurate at longer distances.

I tried this is both my Weatherby Mark XXII (older, semi-auto version) and my Winchester Model 63, and got pretty much the same results..
I've had good luck with the Remington Golden Bullets in their 525 and 550 bulk packs, but a lot of people are reporting problems. It seems to be dirtier than some others but not to the point I have to clean it before I empty one or two of the bulk packs.

Some of the complainers just need to clean their rifles a little better and it would run okay. Others are reporting experience from years ago when Remington rimfire was a problem, but they haven't bought the newer stuff to bother checking it. Can't really blame them though, it didn't work before so it's not likely to work now considering all the complaints. Then there are others who just have guns that don't like Remington, but that's typical with any rimfire rifle or or pistol. They'll prefer one over another for no good reason.

You also have those who just repeat what they've read on the web, but have no idea of what they're talking about since they never actually used it.

I've read this: "so many complaints voiced about Remington Golden Bullets as well as Thunderbolts that Remington shut down their production line in an effort to determine the problem." regarding Remington ammo, but I can't confirm if it's true or just idle gossip.