22 l.r. Subsonic Ammo for Backyard Pest Control - Which is Quieter? - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 22 l.r. Subsonic Ammo for Backyard Pest Control - Which is Quieter?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2010, 03:20 AM   #21
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9919 Times on 4270 Posts
Likes Given: 1562

In a Ruger, they do OK- single shot. can use for indoor plinking- louder in pistol, but still very quiet. I use old phone books as a backstop.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:03 AM   #22

The Super Colibri is very quiet in a rifle and had enough power to clear the barrel on every rimfire rifle I own. Of course it won't cycle even with a bolt action. It's load one shot at a time in my rifles. I usually shoot it in a single shot Stevens I have. I do have to say it is NOT accurate at all even to 20 yards in any of my rifles.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:19 AM   #23

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Ghidora View Post
The Super Colibri is very quiet in a rifle and had enough power to clear the barrel on every rimfire rifle I own. Of course it won't cycle even with a bolt action. It's load one shot at a time in my rifles. I usually shoot it in a single shot Stevens I have. I do have to say it is NOT accurate at all even to 20 yards in any of my rifles.
The Sup Col works great in my Marlin 39 and is accurate enough at 20 yards to shoot plastic soda bottle tops.

SAF-Life
PEIAPOI

"Obama has ordered the launching of more Tomahawk cruise missiles than All the other Nobel Peace Prize winners combined."

Old 11-25-2010, 09:07 PM   #24

I really like the Super Colibri ammo. I'm not using it because its quiet, gun shots don't mean much out here in the county, seems like somebody is shooting something all year long. These do just sorta sound like a loud hand clap, not very loud. I like them for the penetration or to be more precise, the lack of it.

My deck to the ridge line of my garage is 50 feet. My Beretta's red dot, (cheapie!) is sighted in at 50 feet. These rounds have a trajectory about like a brick out of a sling-shot. As long as I stay at my sighted distance the critters are toast. I kill mainly pigeons, starlings & crows, on a breast shot the bullet goes in but never exits the target, instant kill and I don't need to worry about screwing up my roof shingles.

Never tried them in a rifle, out of a hand gun, at a pre-targeted distance they work real fine for me. They won't cycle the action but in the NEOS they feed from the magazine great. Ken

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 11-26-2010, 03:38 PM   #25

We shoot a lot of CCI sub-sonic ammo from our CZ 16" American and the neighbors never complain ????

Click for a bigger pic