Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > .22 knock offs...(cnorman18)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 11:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default .22 knock offs...(cnorman18)

Well, I got it a few days ago. A .22 M16 (M1600r) kinda look -a- like. I've only shot about 20 rnds. so far. (putting a roof on my mom's house,not much time) It's kinda heavy though,a bit of a surprise. But...otb, it shoots great. With the puny sights, it's right on. It also appears it will be a pain to srtip down. It'll be a pretty neat fun gun just the same.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-03-2007, 01:12 AM   #2

If you're looking for a real look a like, find an ARMI JAGER AP 74. That's what these are and they look, feel and take down just like an AR 15. Unfortunately they are no longer imported but you can find them almost daily on Gunbroker. I was looking at the Armscor M1600 and the stock configuration really put me off to buying one, but that's not to say they are not good guns. It's just a cosmetic thing with me.
You asked in a previous post about AK copies, well there are some real copies out there. The top is a WASR 22 and the bottom is an AKT-98. Both are made in Romania and can be dressed up like the real deal. You can also find ARMI JAGER AP 80's being sold on GB now and again. All these are fairly cheap and a lot of fun to plink with. So if you're not satisfied with the Armscor, you still have options. Good luck.

Armi Jager AP 74's

Top WASR 22, bottom AKT-98

Armi Jager AP 80

Old 10-04-2007, 09:57 PM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Those all .22's?? If so..super nice! If not, super nice! I'm gonna keep my eye's open. I have enough shoulder bruisers. And with the price of ammo, .22 plinkers are just fine. Thanks for the post.

Old 10-05-2007, 12:46 AM   #4

Yes sir, all 22lr. I was in the same boat (on ammo). I have all these in their regular calibers and that is an expensive hobby if you like to shoot a lot. I still wanted to go out and shoot my AR or AKM's every chance I got but the wallet situation caused me to downsize to 22lr knock offs. In most cases, they are just like shooting the real things only less recoil and lots more fun per $$/ammo. Any day at the range and you can go through 500+ 22lr rounds and not feel the pain of using all your pricey ammo.

Old 10-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Yes sir, all 22lr. I was in the same boat (on ammo). I have all these in their regular calibers and that is an expensive hobby if you like to shoot a lot. I still wanted to go out and shoot my AR or AKM's every chance I got but the wallet situation caused me to downsize to 22lr knock offs. In most cases, they are just like shooting the real things only less recoil and lots more fun per $$/ammo. Any day at the range and you can go through 500+ 22lr rounds and not feel the pain of using all your pricey ammo.
Ahhh..you put a kink in my day.I might have to go see a doctor, I seem to be turning a deep shade of 'green'. Great collection!!

Old 10-06-2007, 09:01 AM   #6

Liked 24 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Rrrr...

I still don't even have my Saiga 7.62 yet...

On the up side, it looks like I'm finally going to get my CHL training and be able to put in my application...

"Valor needs first strength, then a weapon."
-- J. R. R. Tolkien (1892-1973)

"Free men have arms; slaves do not."
-- William Blackstone (1723-1780)