Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > .22 Gatlin Gun

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default .22 Gatlin Gun

Does anyone know if these are legal or what? http://gatlingguns.com/tentwentytwo.asp

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-11-2007, 10:26 PM   #2

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yes,they are legal as they still require a deliberate movement to fire each cartridge.

Old 10-12-2007, 10:11 AM   #3

Default 22 Gat

Buddy of mine had one years ago, We would clean K-mart out of ammo for days at a time, we had a blast with that thing, I think he bought his for 800.00 at a gun show all ready put together, thats probably about right, thats back when 10-22 went for about a buck fifty. Good Times!!!

If you run your just going to die tired!!!

Old 10-22-2007, 10:01 PM   #4

that reminds me of one i saw that a guy took two 10/22s and had it just like the 2 50cals on a navy ship including the hand controls

Attitude is Everything

Old 02-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #5

I had a friend who had one of these and it was a blast. With a pair of 50rd mags you can go thru some ammo. The only problem that I remember is that the 22 ammo is dirty and cleaning is a bit of a chore.

Old 02-25-2008, 11:53 PM   #6

Although it is hand-cranked to fire, the name must be a misnomer because it isn't a Gattling gun at all. A gattling Gun has a cluster of revolving barrels on an axis that fires each barrel sequentially as it rotates to the top position.
Anyway, whatever this is, it's pretty cool. This looks like a modern rendition of something I saw at a gun show 20 years ago. I've also seen a version of this that uses a pair of AK barreled actions. It looks awesome with the 75 round drums installed!
There was once a 1/2 scale version of the 1919A4 Browning equipped with a tripod, that fired .22LR fed with a real cloth belt. It was made by Tippmann Arms (the same company that makes paintball guns) and it was VERY expensive when new, but VERY cool looking. I just did a google search and found a .22WMR version selling for only $5500.

"Stupidity is the most plentiful element in the universe"
.................................................. .....Frank Zappa

Last edited by Zappa; 02-26-2008 at 12:10 AM. Reason: info added