.22 AR Copy Cats??
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > .22 AR Copy Cats??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default .22 AR Copy Cats??

Greetings All:
Looking for a really nice AR .22 copycat rifle. Will use for hunting tree rats and also plinking at the range. Cheaper that .223's, LOL. Would appreciate your expertise in this matter. Right now I have been looking at the S&W M+P 15-22. Seems like a really nice firearm for a .22. Also wondering about the HK .22?

Look forward to your replies in this matter, THANKS.

Lastcast,,,,,,,,,,,Ranger Recon, Class of 67.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-03-2011, 05:20 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5687 Times on 2971 Posts
Likes Given: 378

My opinion the m&p hands down. Cheap mags as in cost not quality. Easy to load mags. Ultra reliable even for a 22lr. Lower accepts standard ar15 parts. Accurate shooter better than a standard ruger 10/22 accuracy. Controls function like a real ar15 including bolt hold open and a function bolt release.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-04-2011, 12:59 AM   #3

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 16

^^^ X2! I've got the M&P 15-22, and it's a fantastic .22 Rifle. I've also got an AR-15 .223, and side-by-side, you can't tell which is which, unless you're looking at the front of the Barrel. They're both the same size.

Can't go wrong with the 15-22! LOTS of Aftermarket Accessories, including parts from AR-15's.

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB

"The Floggings will continue, until Morale improves!"

Old 12-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1990 Times on 1078 Posts
Likes Given: 593

My wife really likes her MP15-22. The adjustable stock makes it great for kids and/or smaller shooters. Easiest 22 semi rifle to clean and it is accurate. 25 rnd mags are $20 locally and 10 rnd are available. Slip an inexpensive bipod on the bottom rail and you are set.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of feces by the clean end."

Old 12-06-2011, 02:47 AM   #5

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have the Colt/Umarex M4.
It's been very reliable and is extremely accurate.
The MP15-22 is a great gun too, and less expensive.

Old 12-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #6

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

I too have the colt-umarex I have the M4, I've had if for almost a year and a half awesome gun accurate reliable, good all around shooter. I was going to buy a the M&P 15-22 but the only major thing I didn't like is all of the polymer they used on the gun, the colt just felt a lot better in my hands.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 12-07-2011, 12:43 AM   #7

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I liked my son's M&P 15-22 so much that I went out and bought myself one. It is accurate and after a small trigger re-set problem that was fixed, it is 100%. I have put about 800 rounds through mine so far. My son puts 550 rounds through his each time we go to the range. Even at 100 yards, my two sons have contests to keep a milk jug or water bottle dancing between the two shooters.

Old 12-07-2011, 04:43 AM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hello All:
Any opinions on the Mossberg .22 Tactical Rifle? Looks also like an AR., and supposedly under $300.

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?id=43&section=products

Look forward to your replies.

Lastcast,,,,,,,,,,,,Ranger Recon, Class 0f 67.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #9

Liked 12 Times on 7 Posts

I thought I would be buying the mossberg when I heard my local store had them do under $200. However, after holding it compared to a S&W, ruger, sig, and colt, I would rather spend more money on a better rifle IMHO. I suggest you go hold it and compare before you decide. Buy something you hate and you regret it over and over again, spend more money and love it, only regret it once.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:02 PM   #10

Liked 29 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 107

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
My opinion the m&p hands down. Cheap mags as in cost not quality. Easy to load mags. Ultra reliable even for a 22lr. Lower accepts standard ar15 parts. Accurate shooter better than a standard ruger 10/22 accuracy. Controls function like a real ar15 including bolt hold open and a function bolt release.
Got to agree. I've had one since last year and love it.