Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Long Guns > .22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion > 1st rifle

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2009, 01:07 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 130 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 221

Default 1st rifle

well after plenty of thread reading here and there, I went with a:

CZ American 452 .22lr -$350.00
bushnell 4-12x30 buckthorn scope w/
DLX .22 rings
Plano basic "2 scoped rifle" carrying case

24hr wait plus they're backed up a day or two on the set up and bore sighting, but I cant wait to take it out and remind myself of the ole summer camp days....

my original plan was to go with an open sight model with no scope, but I didnt really like any of the open sight models they had....

the savage mark II felt really nice too, but I liked the wood on the CZ better.

When in possesion I'll be sure to post up a pic and a follow up range report after I get out.

Thanks to all on the forum for the input to others i was able to read up on for decision making help- it definitely was informative and helpful.

-Mack

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Last edited by Mack Bolan; 12-17-2009 at 01:09 PM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #2

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

Sounds like a great set up. You let us know how it shoots.

Old 12-17-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

That CZ's an outstanding rifle. It should be a tack driver. Congrats.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 12-23-2009, 02:44 PM   #4

Thanks fellas...and well as promised, here are a couple pics....

20091222_0244s.jpg

20091222_0246_s.jpg

thanks to the knuckle heads at Cabela's, I can't get the bolt back in the gun with the scope mounted the way it is....so I didn't get to shoot it yet. Too trusting at the counter, and a little excited ofcourse, I left without checking it first.

I did ask if that model scope would fit the rifle before choosing it.."yeah, no problem, with the right rings...sure." replied employee. Should I have expected knowledgeable service from cabela's, or is that expecting too much?

i have a boresight laser i scooped for sighting in some pellet guns, I'll likely use that to (learn/figure out how to) remount the scope accordingly.....

the woodwork is beautiful

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

NRA - member for life

Last edited by Mack Bolan; 12-23-2009 at 02:47 PM.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #5

there are knuckleheads everywhere. Cabelas has always treated us right in the customer service "make things right category" I would let them know

Old 12-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #6

Looks to me like you need to rotate the rear scope cap and you should be fine.

Old 12-23-2009, 04:26 PM   #7

i'm pretty sure I tried with out the rear cap on, and thats when I noticed it bumping the scope and actually moving it....didnt want to scratch it up trying too hard, but I will try again before i bring it back, I'd rather not look like a fool at the counter in front everyone....

NRA - member for life

Old 12-27-2009, 09:31 PM   #8

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Default YOU are not the fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Bolan View Post
i'm pretty sure I tried with out the rear cap on, and thats when I noticed it bumping the scope and actually moving it....didnt want to scratch it up trying too hard, but I will try again before i bring it back, I'd rather not look like a fool at the counter in front everyone....
At the counter be sure to point out to all that it is the scope that THEY mounted for you. Simple fix-the next size higher rings. DO NOT pay for different rings-it was the fault of whoever mounted it the first time. I'm sure they will make it right.

NRA Life MEMBER 1976

Old 12-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #9

Hey, Mack, that's a sweeeeeet first rifle: the illustrious "Brno" (as we call them here).

My first was rather more modest - a second-hand single shot Gecado .22.

It was years before I was able to afford a Brno 452. Fitted it out with a scope and bought a ten-shot mag and a "sound moderator" (or suppressor) for it. Fantastic rifle - as CA357 said: a tack driver.

Sadly, some rotten SOB stole it. Thankfully, they never found where I'd locked the bolt, suppressor and magazines.

A while later I bought another 452. I haven't got a scope for it yet but I've got a suppressor, 2 spare mags and a spare bolt.

No-one I've encountered has ever said a bad word about Brnos. On the contrary, I pull out the 452 and get nothing but "oh, a Brno, excellent rifle!"

Never had reason to disagree with that assessment. Even with the iron sights and my less-than-perfect vision, it's consistently accurate. And reliable as death and taxes.

Let us know how things go with getting the sight sorted out.

Happy shooting.

Old 01-01-2010, 05:54 PM   #10

Post a picture of the bolt almost going into the gun.

From your pictures I just don't see how the bolt is hitting the scope seeing as the objective is larger than the eye piece. There is just no way I can see that the bolt will hit the scope. The bolt handle may touch it a little

Newest Threads